Post-Game Talk: Round Robin #1 - Hibernation Continues - Team of Gritty 4 BRUINS 1 F

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It snowballs though. After round 1, they're already probably no\t getting home ice the next 2 rounds.

Reseeding after every round ,No?

I agree with it meaning less than ever, but it doesn't mean that it's meaningless.

Well it will be something if you get to the SCF and game 7. i guess

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Well it will be something if you get to the SCF and game 7. i guess
It goes back to RS points % in the Cup Final so the Bruins would have home ice over everyone even if they lose the next two games 10-0 lol. Just such a screwy playoffs.

Reactions: JOKER 192

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don't understand why Butch sat Studnicka for so long. I didn't see anything really bad that would warrant a benching like that.

I did, I want to state that I love Stud and I do believe he'l be a great player down the road but as Butch suggested, he struggles in battles for the puck. He's just not strong enough yet, he's easily knocked to the ground, not strong enough to hold his own, He's gonna need another 20-25 pounds of muscle before he can be an effective PO player. Nobody is giving you the time and space a player like Stud needs to be effective in the PO's.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I did, I want to state that I love Stud and I do believe he'l be a great player down the road but as Butch suggested, he struggles in battles for the puck. He's just not strong enough yet, he's easily knocked to the ground, not strong enough to hold his own, He's gonna need another 20-25 pounds of muscle before he can be an effective PO player. Nobody is giving you the time and space a player like Stud needs to be effective in the PO's.

Other than the hustle backcheck I only noticed a bunch
of lost board battles. I think Kase/Ritchie come in
for Studnicka/Kuhlman.

Reactions: Strafer and tremha

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

There are two things that frustrate me with Cassidy.

1) The lack of fire on the bench. His calming presence can be valuable, but sometimes you just want him to lose his shit like some other coaches.

2) The lack of personal accountability. He usually goes with something like "we didn't...", but I'd love if he took personal blame for things more. Some games the team just doesn't look prepared and that's on coaching. I can't remember the last time he said something to the effect of "I didn't have them ready to play tonight."

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Other than the hustle backcheck I only noticed a bunch
of lost board battles. I think Kase/Ritchie come in
for Studnicka/Kuhlman.

Let's face it , that's what it was. I'm intrigued by his potential like everyone else but we're not there yet. He's got everything it takes to play in the NHL other than the strength.

Reactions: Strafer

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Well, now that my frustration and disappointment have subsided, I do have faith in the leadership to get these guys going before it really matters. Deep breaths....this is what I tell myself. They are a veteran team, they know what to do.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Well, now that my frustration and disappointment have subsided, I do have faith in the leadership to get these guys going before it really matters. Deep breaths....this is what I tell myself. They are a veteran team, they know what to do.

Don't worry this game meant nothing more than a possible extra line change

Reactions: caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
There are two things that frustrate me with Cassidy.

1) The lack of fire on the bench. His calming presence can be valuable, but sometimes you just want him to lose his shit like some other coaches.

2) The lack of personal accountability. He usually goes with something like "we didn't...", but I'd love if he took personal blame for things more. Some games the team just doesn't look prepared and that's on coaching. I can't remember the last time he said something to the effect of "I didn't have them ready to play tonight."

I can't ever remember a coach of any sport accepting personal responsibility for his/her team's shortcomings & defeats.

Then again my memory isn't what it used to be lately :wally: :laugh:

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I can't ever remember a coach of any sport accepting personal responsibility for his/her team's shortcomings & defeats.

I agree and apparently being up for the Jack Adams twice in three years doesn't mean anything to some. Armchair coaches can always do better.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

This is true enough but he was picked at his current size and on current ability. If you pick him, despite his current shortcomings, then play him. Perhaps Cassidy saw something that we missed, but otherwise if you decide a guy is good enough to be in your best 18 then I think it's questionable coaching to suddenly decide mid-game that he's not up to it. Surely better to keep rolling him out so he continues to learn. Sure Jack was pretty ineffectual in this game, but so were most of his more experienced teammates.

Reactions: BMC

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I probably do because Belichick does it all the time. Now, I'd argue coaching has a larger impact in football, but personal accountability is a trait I most appreciate in people, whether it's sports or personal life.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
How the f*** does studnicka get the 3rd lowest TOI on the team and still manage to have 3 SOG (more than 2/3 of you top line). The kids going to get out muscled from time to time, but he's not going to learn how to win those battles at his current size by sitting on the bench.

At least he's creating chances...that's more than I can say for most of the team.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Right now, say Kase and Ritchie were ready to return. Which two come out?
-Kuhlman
-Bjork
-Studnicka
-someone on the fourth line?

Think this opinion changes as they play more of course. But curious of thoughts so far

Bjork and Kuhlman for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1