Post-Game Talk: Round Robin #1 - Hibernation Continues - Team of Gritty 4 BRUINS 1 F

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this whole round robin is meaningless.
they will show up next week when the playoffs start.
where was tuukka??

Reactions: Strafer

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Someone on the team has to score a goal, like a nice passing play or something, Wagners goal was a pretty lucky bounce. Somehow the entire team is incapable of shooting.

Reactions: Mantis

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
For those saying Bjork-

This kid has been a workhorse each shift imo. Unfortunately has nothing to show for it. And you can tell he’s frustrated by it. But two games in I agree. I would like to see more of Studnicka even if it’s at Bjork expense.

They need chances and goals. And a boat load of transition to add

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Time to play simple next game. Play like were the underdog because we certainly are if things dont get fixed. Protect the goalie. Easy and simple first passes. Into the zone with speed and shoot. If you cant shoot, pass to the net and drive the net. If we could play like Canes did earlier... with our players and goalies we would probably win the cup. Continue this for a couple of years and we win 6th pick in draft lottery.

Reactions: bbfan419

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
For those saying Bjork-

This kid has been a workhorse each shift imo. Unfortunately has nothing to show for it. And you can tell he’s frustrated by it. But two games in I agree. I would like to see more of Studnicka even if it’s at Bjork expense.

They need chances and goals. And a boat load of transition to add
Yeah, even though no one played well today, he was fine. I also like his versatility to play both sides regardless of whiver one of Kase/Ritchie is put in.

Studnicka should be in regardless, but I fear he won't be.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Time to play Kase and Ritchie. If the middle 6 were already clicking and building some good chem I'd be more hesitant but so far it's not happening. Bjork and Coyle are still pretty good together and that's it. So it's imperative to get them in now and see what they can add.

The Flyers not only held our top line but scored on them twice while still keeping the others in check. That's good hockey. The Bruins skated hard early and looked the better team, although even then the chem wasn't there. But when they went behind they just seemed to lose confidence and no-one except Coyle seemed to want to take the game by the scruff of the neck and re-seize the initiative. They wilted too easily and that was disappointing.

Of the teams I've watched so far, they've looked the least match-ready. Nothing for it but to give them all a good kicking and really knuckle down in the next couple of days. I'm not really concerned yet but if we don't see a response against Tampa then the panic will start to creep in.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
In positive news the only way they could look more disinterested would be if they put their feet up on the wall between shifts.

Every single player on the ice needs to start thinking faster. Everything else sorts itself out after that. Gotta check in mentally first though.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Lets wait until the playoffs to panic.

Yeah there's time to fix things, but not a lot. There's also limited training time available in the bubble, which is an issue. I think they really need to come out against Tampa and play it as though it is a genuine playoff game. No half-measures, go full gas, make the hard plays, get into a proper scrap. Nothing stupid, but it's time they really started to zero-in on that postseason mentality, 'cause it's certainly not there yet.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3