GDT: Round 3: Colorado vs Vegas - Thursday at 9PM (Vegas up 3-2)

Who you want to face in the 3rd round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Vegas is a legitimate Cup contender and I am not sure the Habs can give them much of a challenge. Hoping I am wrong. Colorado is the preferred matchup for me

Reactions: Licentia and the

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Not denying that but he deserves it after being next to P’ti David for so many years.

Not a diss to Desharnais but we should have surrounded Pacioretty better.

Paccioretty was a big Desharnais fan though. I think they were like best buddies when they were here together. It's quite obvious that a change was needed, but I doubt Paccio ever asked to play with someone else.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Both teams have top-level scoring, positional balance and strong goaltending, at least this season. I think that when the chips are down though, Fleury is closer to Price level than Grubauer.

Reactions: Licentia

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We have a greater chance against Colorado. Vegas can play whatever game you want. And would be FIRED UP after a win vs the AVS. If you want a win, you want Colorado. And Fleury have more in him to steal something than Grubauer.I absolutely can't envision a win against Vegas. I might see a longer series against Colorado...not in our favour...but if in 7...we have a real chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: the and Sasha Orlov

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Paccioretty was a big Desharnais fan though. I think they were like best buddies when they were here together. It's quite obvious that a change was needed, but I doubt Paccio ever asked to play with someone else.

Because there was close to nothing else. Hence surrounding him better. But yeah, people love to disregard that Pacioretty was fine to play with Desharnais a whole lot.

Reactions: dinodebino

lynx

Oct 18, 2005
Either way, the Habs are not going to be outshooting the next team by 30 shots. We have to win the cup this year because we are the luckiest team I can ever remember up to this point

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
I say Avs because I think that could be more fun and you get the hint of Nordiques past aspect for giggles. They have the more interesting talent, Vegas has the better ability to will a game their way if that makes sense? Either way it's going to be a big step up in difficulty, hope it's fun!

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Colorado is the better opponent for habs. Both teams pretty similar but Vegas is much more physical. Both teams have skill and speed, Avs goaltending probably the worse of the 2 teams.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Most fan bases hate us, I get that. Looking forward to the next narrative, IF we have a good run in round 3...

"West division is trashier than the North"

"Habs are lucky because VGK and COL beat each other up"

I'm looking at a lot of our fans too. Not saying they hate the team. Just that they're automatically assuming we're gonna get blown out in say 4 or 5.

Yes I believe the north was the weakest division. The Leafs losing Tavares and the Jets losing #55 definitely helped. I also believe that if the VGK and COL series goes 6 or 7 it benefits us. My point though is we still made it this far by capitalizing on our let's say breaks. If we were truly as bad as some think. We wouldn't have gotten this far. I think it's time that the team as a whole received some credit. I don't expect it from opposing fans though.

Reactions: angusyoung

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Donskoi-Jost-Nichushkin
Saad-Compher-Burakosvky
Soderberg-Bellemare-Sherwood

Toews-Makar
Graves-Girard
Nemeth-Timmins

Grubaeur

or

Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Kolesar-Roy-Tuch
Carrier-Brown-Reaves

Martinez-Pietrangelo
Theodore-McNabb
Hague-Whitecloud

Fleury

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
You don't put up 24 points in 28 playoff games by riding someones coattails.

The salt in this thread is on another level. I get most people (including myself) did not like Patches but this is a trade that was a win/win for both teams.

The problem I've found with Patches is. He's a good player, but he can't be your best player. If he is, I think the pressure is just too much for him. With Vegas, doesn't depend on him or even his line. I'd take him back in a heart beat now. I think he'd be a good fit on our current team.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Either way, the Habs are not going to be outshooting the next team by 30 shots. We have to win the cup this year because we are the luckiest team I can ever remember up to this point

You don't have a particularly good memory then. Carolina in 2006 and Boston in 2011 are two that come to mind pretty quickly.

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Donskoi-Jost-Nichushkin
Saad-Compher-Burakosvky
Soderberg-Bellemare-Sherwood

Toews-Makar
Graves-Girard
Nemeth-Timmins

Grubaeur

or

Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Kolesar-Roy-Tuch
Carrier-Brown-Reaves

Martinez-Pietrangelo
Theodore-McNabb
Hague-Whitecloud

Fleury

Will Kadri be back for game one for the Avalanche? His addition makes that forward group even stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad