GDT: Round 3: Colorado vs Vegas - Thursday at 9PM (Vegas up 3-2)

Who you want to face in the 3rd round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Carey Price will need to end up with .975 to win this

the Jets aren't world beaters and losing Shitfly crippled them but to own them that bad ain't nothing.

I'm too superstitious to be optimistic but I like our forward group. We have so many guys stepping up. Our depth is something.

I do feel like that Weber/Chiarot pairing will get exposed at some point but hats off to those 2 especially Chiarot who had to play a LOT on his wrong side tonight. Him doing this well two playoffs in a row on a top pairing is invaluable at 3.5 per.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Grubauer is overrated and the Avs D is soft.......limit the McKinnon line and the Avs are very beatable.

Vegas is deeper, more balanced and much bigger on the back end. Combine that with Fleury and his experience and this choice is a no brainer for me.

Bring on the Avs........hopefully after 7 gruelling games.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Avs may be a better match but I want that series to end in 6 but with triple OT's. So who ever wins game 6, it's them I want. That way Habs get their rest but don't get rusty.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Honestly, everytime I "hope" for a team to play in the third round and think we can beat them, we lose.

Both the Rangers and Philly. Both times I was like "you know what, I think the Habs will win" and they lost both times.

Now? I'm not gonna pick. Give me who we're gonna get. These are the last 4 teams left. You're not going to get anyone easy at this point.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I’d rather Colorado. My feeling is that Vegas plays a similar game to us, only better. Colorado is so skilled, but young, and I think we could run the shutdown program on them with reasonable success.

Both are tough draws, but bring it on - regardless of who wins out.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Grubauer is overrated and the Avs D is soft.......limit the McKinnon line and the Avs are very beatable.

Vegas is deeper, more balanced and much bigger on the back end. Combine that with Fleury and his experience and this choice is a no brainer for me.

Bring on the Avs........hopefully after 7 gruelling games.
Vegas is a goon squad combined with a bunch of whining divers. I rather play Colorado because I wouldn't need to smash something 57 times if we lose to them.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hadn't looked at advanced stats much this year. Decided I'd go take a look.

Number one team in the league CF%: Colorado Avalanche - 58.98% (Crazy high)
Number two team in the league CF%: Montreal Canadiens - 54.5%

So... maybe it's not a fluke after all. It is against weaker competition, but still.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Never choose your opponent, play against the winner of this series and deal with it. Habs play very good hockey right now, just keep going and we never know in hockey! GO HABS GO!!

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Real answer is I don't care but that's boring. Chose Colorado even though I think they're the better of the two.

Vegas are basically the Premium Habs everywhere except in net, they play a similar 4 line buzzsaw game but with more talented forwards and Pietrangelo + Theodore. It will be hard for us to beat a team that's basically the optimal version of Montreal's style of team.

Colorado is a team we might have a better stylistic fit against. There's an unlikely but not zero chance that the Danault line can limit the damage of the MacKinnon line while our 4 line attack and aggressive forecheck can attack their dmen. This is going to be tough though, our chip and chase isn't going to be as effective against the Avs as it was against the Jets and their coke machine defence.

Basically I think I'd rather take the small chance that Danault can neutralize the Colorado top line and hope that our 2-4 lines get hot. I think that's a better hope than to expect us to beat a team that's essentially the Habs with elite players everywhere.

Reactions: Licentia

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Honestly, everytime I "hope" for a team to play in the third round and think we can beat them, we lose.

Both the Rangers and Philly. Both times I was like "you know what, I think the Habs will win" and they lost both times.

Now? I'm not gonna pick. Give me who we're gonna get. These are the last 4 teams left. You're not going to get anyone easy at this point.
i'm not gonna pick either. tonight we're laughing at other fanbases preferring a Habs matchup and now they look silly. just beat whoever comes up. playoff hockey is so unpredictable it's crazy.

Reactions: dinodebino

Surfer72

Oct 18, 2018
You get what you ask for.... so don't start asking! Never guess or pick your opponent!

Wait and see and deal with it when it's a known fact...

Go Habs Go!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I’d rather Colorado. My feeling is that Vegas plays a similar game to us, only better. Colorado is so skilled, but young, and I think we could run the shutdown program on them with reasonable success.

Both are tough draws, but bring it on - regardless of who wins out.
That's where I'm at too. William Karlsson leads the Knights with 9 points in 11 games. Avs have 4 players with 9 or more points in 3 less games. Knights are having a full team effort. Avs are trying to go for fancy goals a lot. Both teams are excellent, but I think we matchup better against the Avs.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Any chance they allow more than 2500 fans for next round?

They have to open it up completely. Vegas has been playing in front of packed houses. Not every year you get this close to the cup.

Reactions: Troyp

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
They have to open it up completely. Vegas has been playing in front of packed houses. Not every year you get this close to the cup.
There’s no way they will open it all though. Best they will do is probably 50% capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->