GDT: Round 3: Colorado vs Vegas - Thursday at 9PM (Vegas up 3-2)

Who you want to face in the 3rd round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
There’s no way they will open it all though. Best they will do is probably 50% capacity.

It makes no difference logically. Fans will gather to watch the games regardless. There will probably be 10k+ outside the Bell Center every game now until the end. I get that it wont look good politically if they open too fast though. But again how does seeing packed arenas while we're still barely above 10% capacity look good on the government here ?

Last edited:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The fact that the Absolute earliest we could play is Saturday and the Latest likely Monday is outstanding for us. Solid 5 - 7 days rest for the boyz should be huge. We have some older guys and have played a ton of Hockey.

Get er done.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
5 days is enough for Petry's fingers to heal. I hope they're trying to figure out how they're going to tape those fingers properly so he can do what he usually does.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Vegas. We’ve seen Casperetty playing hockey at the Bell Centre in the playoffs so not afraid of them at all

Reactions: HabsQC

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I prefer to play vs Colorado.

Both are great teams and are very much the favorites against us, but I think we match slightly better against the Avs.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I voted "I don't care" but it would be an epic battle if we get to face the ex-Nordiques.

Reactions: HabsQC

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I don’t care, it will be a good series with any of them.

I just hope the « break » won’t come back to bite usd while colorado or vegas will be fresh of their last series. We just saw that coming in with momentum is huge! Im a bit scared of that.

I hope that this break will make more good than bad. Fingers crossed

Go Habs Go!

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I don't care. This team currently has no passengers. Even the guys who aren't scoring are contributing to significant chances for this team. Bring in whoever. Either we get destroyed like everyone expected from either Vegas or Colorado, or we surprise yet again.

GO HABS GO

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Both teams are better, but I absolutely don't want to lose against that joke that is a Las Vegas ICE hockey team.

Reactions: angusyoung

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I think Colorado is the better matchup for the following reasons:

- they're relatively young and inexperienced. Might get rattled if not allowed to play their game and abused physically

- at this point we seem to have an excellent defensive organization in the neutral zone, our big defencemen are doing great job protecting the slot and Price is Price. We might be able to neutralize the Avs rush offence and force them to grind it out.

- the way Lehkonen-Danault-Gallagher line is playing and with Danault's track record, I'd say it's unlikely that we're going to get torched by McKinnon's line at even strength. The Avs would have to lean on their depth, where we can go toe to toe with them

- their goaltending is unproven

Vegas just seems like a more versatile and deep team, that can handle whatever we throw at them and match our goaltending.

Of course, the Avs would still be clear favorites, but I like our chances better against them. Plus, I've been told they're fun to watch.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
7652FBD1-F989-4749-A6B5-EDB3F8C75B1D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad