GDT: Round 3: Colorado vs Vegas - Thursday at 9PM (Vegas up 3-2)

Who you want to face in the 3rd round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
I don’t think the Habs match up well against either team, but if I have to choose, I’d pick Vegas. The mobility and transition game of the Colorado defence would cause major issues for the Habs IMO. I thought Toronto’s defensive transition was tough for the Habs to handle and Colorado’s is so much better

Also, Habs won both games against Vegas last season so that’s a good omen too!

Anyway, either team will be favored heavily and I hope the Habs can make it a good series

Reactions: jakobsbror

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Either way, the Habs are not going to be outshooting the next team by 30 shots. We have to win the cup this year because we are the luckiest team I can ever remember up to this point

I think we'll match up well against Vegas or Colorado. Tampa are a different animal. But I hope we prove a lot of people wrong against Vegas and Colorado. And I would love a crack at Tampa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs10Habs and lynx

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I don’t think the Habs match up well against either team, but if I have to choose, I’d pick Vegas. The mobility and transition game of the Colorado defence would cause major issues for the Habs IMO. I thought Toronto’s defensive transition was tough for the Habs to handle and Colorado’s is so much better

Also, Habs won both games against Vegas last season so that’s a good omen too!

Anyway, either team will be favored heavily and I hope the Habs can make it a good series
Choose the team with the weaker goaltending. Always remember Campbell's stellar non- stop on Gallagher's goal in Game 7. It was probably the most important 'play' of that series.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Donskoi-Jost-Nichushkin
Saad-Compher-Burakosvky
Soderberg-Bellemare-Sherwood

Toews-Makar
Graves-Girard
Nemeth-Timmins

Grubaeur

or

Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Kolesar-Roy-Tuch
Carrier-Brown-Reaves

Martinez-Pietrangelo
Theodore-McNabb
Hague-Whitecloud

Fleury

Outside of MacKinnon and Stone the rest are just above average players in top six, some are very average. Rantanen is soft and Habs have to go after him as after Marner. Marchessault is light as a feather. Has to be killed in the corners. Vegas has no centers. Jost is not impressive, but has decent playoffs. Burakosvky is a force, but he is not a playoff player. Habs have a better chance against Vegas because of their quality of gritty and skilled centers. Most of the times centers win the championships then goalies..

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You don't put up 24 points in 28 playoff games by riding someones coattails.

The salt in this thread is on another level. I get most people (including myself) did not like Patches but this is a trade that was a win/win for both teams.

Like I said, he folds when he’s hit. He hasn’t been hit. I like the matchup of him against the Habs D. It’s Stone and Tuch I’d be worried about.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Both teams are significantly better. Habs beat MAF before and maybe can get into Pacioretty's head. Feel like Avs way too fast for this D core. If Montreal were to lose, I rather it be to Vegas and have Pacioretty in finals.

Reactions: RandomTask26

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Elevation in Colorado. 2 hr time change
Vegas has heat, 3 hr time change, more distractions
I'd pick Colorado

Time difference works both ways so that's a wash. From what I've read, it's as hot in Montreal as it is in Vegas. I'll take breathing easier over anything else and BTW, Colorado has legal cannabis and it's no joke puffing away at higher altitude,not saying any Habs do,just saying. Don't think Habs are prone to distraction playing in Vegas, they have all been there so it's not a novelty any longer.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Time difference works both ways so that's a wash. From what I've read, it's as hot in Montreal as it is in Vegas. I'll take breathing easier over anything else and BTW, Colorado has legal cannabis and it's no joke puffing away at higher altitude,not saying any Habs do,just saying. Don't think Habs are prone to distraction playing in Vegas, they have all been there so it's not a novelty any longer.
Colorado and Vegas have each been playing in a similar time zone. And they'll have home ice in the 3rd round. Those first 2 games will be tougher on the Habs with the time change.
If it were all possible, I'd look at traveling to Colorado asap to start practicing. If the Avs win, they'll be acclimated. If Vegas wins, shorter travel to Vegas and no biggie going back to normal elevation.
I'm not sure if the habs could do that though.

And Vegas will be above 40 degrees.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Both VGK and Colorado are objectively better teams on paper. Still super stoked, I don't expect the Habs to win, but I can hope. I was 4 when they last went all the way and I have kind of accepted that they would not reach the finals again within my lifetime for a fact. I can't wait for this to start! Hopefully Price stays course and no one goes full Kreider this time around.

Now that they have caught up to the other series, there shouldn't be anymore back to backs, right?

Reactions: dinodebino

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Game-1 of the next series should be either Saturday or Monday, assuming it's two days after Colorado/Vegas ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad