Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 52, Wade Allison, RW, Tri-City (USHL)

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Laczynski and Allison have been as advertised, and they show the value of "marinating" prospects, 23 years old with 4 years college, a few games in the AHL to get acclimated to the pro game and they're NHL ready.

One reason to get excited about next season, adding Frost, Laczynski, Allison and York in one fell swoop.

If only i had the unbridled optimism that you have. Frost hasn't done much of anything yet to be that excited about.

Reactions: phil162888

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
So far Allison definitely looks like he has a future on this team and could even challenge for a top 6/top 9 spot next season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
until you remember that they are all 1st or 2nd rounders. Could have been a great draft given the amount of high picks we had.

Yeah missing on Ruby and Laberge hurts but getting your #1 and a middle 6 forward is a fine haul at the end of the day. Every team has hits and misses each draft.

Reactions: Larry44

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Can we all please keep expectations reasonable?

Allison has been good so far but lets not go overboard, like people did with Myers last year.
Sure Debbie Downer! I think we know it's a small sample size for Allison, but you can see how he thinks the game, which should only improve.

And I'm still very high on Myers. He played great last year. This year it looks like he's thinking too much - and that could be cognitive dissonance in his own head from seeing what he would do by instinct and what the idiots behind the bench are telling him to do. Bad coaching hurts young players, and we have it in spades.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's nice to see that they're keeping him in the lineup. He hasn't looked out of place or overwhelmed at all.
He can definitely add an element we were missing since Simmonds left.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It's nice to see that they're keeping him in the lineup. He hasn't looked out of place or overwhelmed at all.
He can definitely add an element we were missing since Simmonds left.
It’s nice to see a player with personality & a player who doesn’t gravitate to the perimeter.

He should be a bottom six regular next season.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It’s nice to see a player with personality & a player who doesn’t gravitate to the perimeter.

He should be a bottom six regular next season.
Yeah, he should be able to secure that spot. He brings more to the table than NAK who's had a disappointing season and looks very replaceable right now.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think next year's Flyers will have a top line, two equal lines, and a 4th line.
Allison will NOT be on the 4th line.
The middle two lines: Farabee, Allison, Hayes, Frost are locks.
So pick out of Laughton, Lindblom, Voracek, JVR, Patrick.

The reason I think Frost is a lock is they need his speed and playmaking.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Holy ****. I didn't realize how bad WMU was last year. Definitely should temper expectations for Allison next year. If McCrimmon can't convince former Wheat King Ron Hextall to this kid to Brandon, he should hang em up.
He did hang em up , and went to Vegas that Rat bastard . lol

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, he should be able to secure that spot. He brings more to the table than NAK who's had a disappointing season and looks very replaceable right now.

I'm hesistant to bail on NAK already after the majority of the team has looked like ass all year.

But yeah, when I was still watching, he was dissapointing.

He'll need a great camp next year to even make the team with Allison, Frost, Tanner in the mix.

Last edited:
Reactions: LorneMalvo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad