Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 52, Wade Allison, RW, Tri-City (USHL)

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Allison was a revelation this year. He needs a better center than Patrick though. Allison and Frost could be a good fit. Then add Lindblom to that line and we could have a pretty good, well-balanced 3rd line.

2 points with Farabee and Hayes last night so you demote him to Lindblom and Frost? Ouch, did he hurt you?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
2 points with Farabee and Hayes last night so you demote him to Lindblom and Frost? Ouch, did he hurt you?
Sure, that's possible too. But I think Frost and Allison could be a good fit if Frost can take the next step next season. Kind of like a lesser version of Giroux/Hartnell. The smaller playmaker and the power forward who can shoot.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Sure, that's possible too. But I think Frost and Allison could be a good fit if Frost can take the next step next season. Kind of like a lesser version of Giroux/Hartnell. The smaller playmaker and the power forward who can shoot.

My expectations for Frost (for at least next season) have gone way down. Major injuries during these formative years are very difficult to bounce back from, present company (Allison) excluded.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost missed one season due to the shoulder, that's his "major injuries."
While shoulder injuries can be tricky, there's no reason to think he had anything career threatening.
He'll be 22, he's had time to physically mature, if I had to pick a breakout candidate next season, it's definitely Frost.

However, after watching Farabee - Hayes - Allison, I think that's your 2nd line next season.
With the RH forwards coming up, Farabee will probably stay on the left side.
Would have liked to see them together for more than a couple games, but they seem to fit Hayes better than JVR and Voracek.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
While shoulder injuries can be tricky, there's no reason to think he had anything career threatening.
He'll be 22, he's had time to physically mature, if I had to pick a breakout candidate next season, it's definitely Frost.

However, after watching Farabee - Hayes - Allison, I think that's your 2nd line next season.
Would have liked to see them together for more than a couple games, but they seem to fit Hayes better than JVR and Voracek.
Unfortunately, you said the same thing about Patrick before this season.

I'll definitely keep my expectations low regarding Frost. It's not like he was blowing the doors off before getting hurt either.

Reactions: Bevans

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

Frost needs more AHL seasoning

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

From "expectations have gone way down" and "major injuries during formative years are hard to bounce back from"

You read that I think his career could be over and he has had many many injuries?

I think you should re-read my post.

I'm currently rehabbing a labrum tear from 7 years ago that I re-aggravated doing my silly lockdown home-workout with exercise bands. Shoulders suck.

Anyone who misses a season to a shoulder injury has a red-flag in my mind, until proven otherwise.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
From "expectations have gone way down" and "major injuries during formative years are hard to bounce back from"

You read that I think his career could be over and he has had many many injuries?

I think you should re-read my post.

I'm currently rehabbing a labrum tear from 7 years ago that I re-aggravated doing my silly lockdown home-workout with exercise bands. Shoulders suck.

Anyone who misses a season to a shoulder injury has a red-flag in my mind, until proven otherwise.

Shoulder injuries vary greatly. Generalizing them isn't a good practice.

Reactions: wasup and Striiker

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Shoulder injuries vary greatly. Generalizing them isn't a good practice.

If "generalizing" means "being concerned that missing a year could impact the trajectory of your career", then I respectfully disagree.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Unfortunately, you said the same thing about Patrick before this season.

I'll definitely keep my expectations low regarding Frost. It's not like he was blowing the doors off before getting hurt either.

He was really good in the AHL, looked promising in the NHL for 20 games, then didn't get to play again for almost a year. He didn't have the chance to blow any doors down.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
He was really good in the AHL, looked promising in the NHL for 20 games, then didn't get to play again for almost a year. He didn't have the chance to blow any doors down.

true but this is also a reason to not expect a whole lot. Have to also be patient with him as wel because he missed a lot of developmental time. Hopefully he doesn’t need that rookie year mode and can just jump right in like Jason Robertson has done tho (that would be awesome and solve some issues)

it would also create issues (Idk if this is good or bad) if he does come in and win the 3c/2c spot;

-Kevin Hayes and his contract
-wtf do we do with Patrick...trade or just move him to wing completely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad