Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 52, Wade Allison, RW, Tri-City (USHL)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
No one is claiming this team would have made the playoffs if they had Niskanen & Pitlick.

The goaltending made the playoffs an impossibility.

But a few of us are claiming that no one adequately filled the roles of Niskanen & Pitlick, & that’s simply fact.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh yup, Pitlick was another guy severely overrated by #AuthenticFans

Crazy how it’s always some random ultra-replaceable player who gets blind love, . . .. :laugh:

Crazy how it’s always some random ultra-replaceable player who gets blind hate, while they want to get rid of guys like Giroux, JVR, or Voracek

Last edited by a moderator:

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Crazy how it’s always some random ultra-replaceable player who gets blind hate, while they want to get rid of guys like Giroux, JVR, or Voracek
I'm with you on this one. I loved Pitlick. Brought his game every night. You knew exactly what you were getting.

We have missed his energy this season for sure. Just because a player isn't a top 6 talent doesn't mean they can't be important peices.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Oh yup, Pitlick was another guy severely overrated by #AuthenticFans

Crazy how it’s always some random ultra-replaceable player who gets blind love, while they want to get rid of guys like Giroux, JVR, or Voracek. :laugh:
The salary is the difference. The greater the salary the higher the expectations, the lower the salary than all they have to do is throw a check now and again.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The salary is the difference. The greater the salary the higher the expectations, the lower the salary than all they have to do is throw a check now and again.

Yep, different standards for players making $8M a year v those making the minimum or veterans making $1-2M.

All I want from a marginal 4th liner, 6th/7th D-man is effort, they're always going to be on the bubble, but they can make a difference by playing hard, doing the dirty work and not totally screwing up.

Top players making top money are supposed to carry the team.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well Jake, G and JVR are 3/4 top paid forwards.....and are the top 3 in scoring this year. Looks like they are doing their job.

Meanwhile Hayes is #7 in scoring. Yet not even a peep from his defenders.

Oh...and Provy and Ghost are our top 2 paid D.....and are 1-2 in D scoring.

Looks like the highest paid guys ARE carrying the team.....except Hayes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well Jake, G and JVR are 3/4 top paid forwards.....and are the top 3 in scoring this year. Looks like they are doing their job.

Using only raw point production to measure effectivness is overly simplistic.

This isnt in reference to Hayes. He's been bad any way you slice it.

But guys like Provorov and Voracek, who havent been good defensively which washes out their offensive production.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Im guessing Hayes, and several others, will bounce back to some degree of effectiveness (i'll gladly take his 19-20 season performance) once AV is fired by November.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

So scoring is all that matters?

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Under a different coach, I can see him becoming uncomfortable in his role with the club and being willing to waive his NMC in order two get a fresh start somewhere else.
At what cost to the Flyers to move that contract?

edit: and the nmc expires after the expansion draft, right?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Under a different coach, I can see him becoming uncomfortable in his role with the club and being willing to waive his NMC in order two get a fresh start somewhere else.

This is the dreamy content that makes me endure these servers to read. Straight. Into. My. Vein.

XG1cPqR.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->