Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 52, Wade Allison, RW, Tri-City (USHL)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
636025479551170513-GettyImages-542979622.jpg

----------------------------------
  • Position: Forward
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 205
  • Year: Freshman
  • Club: Tri-City Storm, USHL

BUFFALO -- Incoming Western Michigan hockey freshman Wade Allison has been selected in the second round of the 2016 NHL Draft with the 52nd overall pick by the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday morning.

Allison, a 6-foot-2 forward, is fresh off being named MVP of the Clark Cup Playoffs after leading the Tri-City Storm to a USHL Playoff Championship. Allison, considered a power forward, was the top scorer in the playoffs, tallying nine goals and seven assist for 16 points in 11 games. During the regular season he got off to a slow start due to injuries but exploded in the second half and ended up with 25 goals.

"I'd like to thank the Philadelphia Flyers organization for giving me this opportunity," Allison said. "I'd also like to thank my parents, the Tri-City Storm, all my coaches and everyone who helped me get to this moment. I still have a lot of hard work ahead of me to get to the NHL."

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4600&ATCLID=211035789

-----------------------

Tri-City Storm page (info and stats) -- http://www.stormhockey.com/Team/Roster/WADEALLISON.aspx

2016_04_22%20Game%203%20WCSF%20IN.jpg

Tri-City Storm forward Wade Allison has never been one to pay too much attention to what’s being said about him, but he knew enough that he wasn’t considered much of an NHL Draft prospect to start the season.

Allison didn’t make the NHL Central Scouting’s first list in July. He wasn’t included among the nearly 50 USHL players listed in the NHL Central Scouting’s players to watch list in September or in November.

Allison wasn’t bothered by it.

“I don’t think I was projected to go at all,” Allison said recently. “I didn’t really look at it. I just do what I can do and control what I can control and hopefully the best works out. I was worried about myself and doing the best I can be and see where it goes from there.”

http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/663585?referrer_id=2650688

-------------------

A commit to Western Michigan, Allison is 18 years old, stands 6-foot-2, weighs 206 pounds and is from Myrtle, Manitoba, Canada.

Allison’s turnaround began just before Thanksgiving; after an overtime loss on Nov. 14 against Sioux Falls, the forward had one goal and two points in 15 games. The floodgates opened after. Allison had 33 goals, 61 points and a league-best plus-27 rating over the next 52 games.

Allison recorded the Storm’s first hat trick of the season on Dec. 19th at Sioux City, including the overtime game-winning tally. From Feb. 12-March 4, Allison went on a season-long eight-game point streak (5g, 9a).

After being named the 192nd North American skater on NHL Central Scouting’s Midterm List, Allison jumped to 62nd on the final rankings. No player jumped higher in 2016 than Allison.

The right-handed shot won Team West MVP in the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game with one goal and two points. He became the first player to win both the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game MVP and Clark Cup MVP.

http://www.theindependent.com/sport...cle_fdec5384-3b33-11e6-80a8-83e922e1dc79.html

Last edited by a moderator:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
God dammit, that hair.

Supposed to go to Western Michigan for college next year.

MrMajestyk

Oct 12, 2013
Fixed that hair for the draft. looked huge too, at least compared to the Flyer guys at the table

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Man talk about a riser. Love that hair.
I'm sure hexy will help him develop and decide what is better Brandon or western Michigan.
Sports net talked about him lots through the 2nd round. Then he goes to us.
Is he rays son?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
He plays like he did the last 30 games, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 1st rounder. It is like something clicked after game 25.

Hopefully not a flash in the pan

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nothing wrong with taking a riser. There were other safer picks there though so we shall see.

Haha the Rangers havent picked yet and we have

Rubstov
Laberge
Hart
Allison

Reactions: Curufinwe

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
All kidding aside Allison is a nice pick with the 52nd pick in the 2nd RD.
The Flyers got a good player at #52, RW Allison is a big power forward and was a steal at # 52

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If you send him to Brandon this season, he likely plays in the AHL in 17-18. Would he be ready for that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->