Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 35: Isaac Ratcliffe, LW, Guelph (OHL)

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
Wow absolute beast in front of the net. Elevates the puck really well. I do see a lot of Simmonds in his game, could be a real problem as a net front guy on the PP.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
That goals highlight reel is a great combo of well placed snipes and garbage goals by going to the net a the right time and place. I like it.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Well, that video makes me happy. I never watch any of these guys so they're all pretty much unknown to me before they're drafted. I'm a fan of big and fast with at least one plus skill. We suddenly have a lot of size coming through the system - Sanheim, Morin, Myers, Allison, Lindblom and now Patrick & Ratcliffe.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I think guy is my favorite forward prospect after Patrick (who wont be a prospect by season start)

Those quick hands in front, his ability to lift the puck, his humangous size. This kid could be sensational to watch. Would love to see him add a bruising element to his game.

Really excited to see him progress

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
That goals highlight reel is a great combo of well placed snipes and garbage goals by going to the net a the right time and place. I like it.

Exactly my thoughts.

A garbage man with a really nice shot. He's smart about where he places himself around the net, just like Simmer.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
This team is going to be jumbo in size. With skill. Patrick, Lindbolm, Myers, Ratcliffe, Strome, Patrick, Hagg, Sanheim, Morin, and Allison. That's not adding already to Couts, Voracek, and Simmonds, Most of our roster will be 6'2 and up. :laugh:

FadeToBlack

Jul 1, 2012
Kid seems solid from that video. Plus hands, plus shot, decent skating, and big. Definitely an intriguing prospect.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Can someone please post his writeup from the Black Book? They were especially high on him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So it seems like Arizona was going to take him if they didn't move the pick.

DDITOkdW0AA3qXG

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
If Hexy was all gaga about him, then I can't wait to see what he becomes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It may have been an overpayment from a pick value standpoint, but I'm very happy they did it. Looking just at the numbers, moving up only 9 spots, doesn't account for how much better you view one player over the others, and obviously they felt he was worth it.

After watching his highlights, I can see what they found so appealing.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Exactly my thoughts.

A garbage man with a really nice shot. He's smart about where he places himself around the net, just like Simmer.

My favorite thing he does is constantly skate to open areas in the o-zone, not just around the net. Lots of kids, especially of that build/style, have lazy feet and just park out in front. Ratcliffe plays with constant motion, but it's not skating around wasting energy, it's smart positioning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad