Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick #14: Joel Farabee, LW, USNTDP --> Boston U

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I never do this but I made an exception and screenshottedthis comment. Frost will be an excellent player. Way to overreact over a couple of games in the summer. I personally love his style of slowing the game down.

I love the "...I don't like nothing about his game..." comment. So you don't like his skating, hands or IQ? I don't put Hatcher on ignore as I need a laugh from time to time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I love the "...I don't like nothing about his game..." comment. So you don't like his skating, hands or IQ? I don't put Hatcher on ignore as I need a laugh from time to time.

There are more enjoyable ways to get a laugh :laugh:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I never do this but I made an exception and screenshottedthis comment. Frost will be an excellent player. Way to overreact over a couple of games in the summer. I personally love his style of slowing the game down.
That's great but I like the others with balls. I'm Canadian and loved all over the world but I love the dark side USA at this time.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Way more than small frosty.

e8a.gif

I'd rather have Deadhead, the Madrigal or KrazyKat be the Flyers GM than you lmao

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
That's good dude but let's see what happens. Friday isn't nothing like konecny and Patrick or ghost or provy.

It isn't that you think Frost doesn't have a great chance, that is fine. Maybe he isn't ready. We'll see. But the fact that you think Ratcliffe is "way more" ready is what is funny :laugh:

But please continue trolling. You are good for plenty of laughs.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I feel like I'm being trolled

I don't want hatch to knock me into next millenium, but Ratcliffe is not close to NHL ready. Forget Frost. Ratcliffe still needs to improve his play a lot with the puck. He's improved but struggles to win battles or gets knocked off pucks too easily, even by small players. Unless he's camped out in front or taking a quick shot, there's a lot of room to improve in the cycle/boards game. Improving puck skills and passing in general too in order to be a more consistent presence all over the ice and in tight spaces. Then the usual stuff rounding out his game. Like I expect a year minimum in the AHL, even two. That's okay. Don't kill me, hatch.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Neither likely are NHLers next year. But the following year, Frost certainly has a better shot to make it given our depth.

Ratcliffe will be behind:

Giroux
JVR
Lindblom

So might as well let him get AHL experience and let him develop his scoring down there against men and then at some point, maybe replace JVR is 3-5 years. But he better hurry because Farabee will be hot on his heels!

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
*Goes into Farabee thread to see what's the rumpus*
[more food debates]
"Well, alrighty then."

Hakstol is diabolical. We're so starved for good coaching that all we can think about is survival and our base primal drives, which have become twisted and perverted. He's turned us into a bunch of degenerates who don't know what a sandwich is and who talk about putting ketchup on mac & cheese, putting mushrooms on cheesesteaks, and eating well done beef.
Ketchup's a must for Yellow Death (ducks). And if you want grammatical quibbling, it's off the Patrick thread for you, young man!

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
It isn't that you think Frost doesn't have a great chance, that is fine. Maybe he isn't ready. We'll see. But the fact that you think Ratcliffe is "way more" ready is what is funny :laugh:

But please continue trolling. You are good for plenty of laughs.
He is so far ahead. Frost really isn't anything at this point.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I don't want hatch to knock me into next millenium, but Ratcliffe is not close to NHL ready. Forget Frost. Ratcliffe still needs to improve his play a lot with the puck. He's improved but struggles to win battles or gets knocked off pucks too easily, even by small players. Unless he's camped out in front or taking a quick shot, there's a lot of room to improve in the cycle/boards game. Improving puck skills and passing in general too in order to be a more consistent presence all over the ice and in tight spaces. Then the usual stuff rounding out his game. Like I expect a year minimum in the AHL, even two. That's okay. Don't kill me, hatch.
I love ya buddy. You got great points.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

2ffhyg.jpg

Reactions: FlyTimmo

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem for Frost is because he doesn't play a dynamic speed game, he needs to get bigger, that controlled entry and hold the puck stuff means you're gonna draw traffic, and in the NHL the traffic arrives faster and with more attitude. If he had more of a speed game, defenders would back off a bit.

Farabee is going to have a similar issue because of his style of play, while he's strong for his size, hard to play in front of the net and go into corners at 168 lbs in a league where the average defenseman is 6'2 205. But you can see with Cates that it doesn't take that long at that age. He was listed at 6'1 165 a year ago, but looked a lot bigger than that.

Ratcliffe has the same problem as Sanheim, when you're taller, you need more weight to anchor b/c your center of gravity is higher, tall, lean guys will struggle with smaller players with leverage until they fill out. But he's a smooth skater, if he gets more explosive in his stride he'll be a handful down the road. You can see that with Myers, who has filled out and looks like Godzilla on skates out there. A big guy who can skate (which is why everyone slobbers over Morin's potential) just puts so much pressure on opponents in what's becoming a "little man's game" with their size and reach.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Problem for Frost is because he doesn't play a dynamic speed game, he needs to get bigger, that controlled entry and hold the puck stuff means you're gonna draw traffic, and in the NHL the traffic arrives faster and with more attitude. If he had more of a speed game, defenders would back off a bit.

You know he won the 30M forward skate with and without the puck in the 2017 Top Prospects game? He absolutely uses his speed and acceleration when required.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad