Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick #14: Joel Farabee, LW, USNTDP --> Boston U

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
*Goes into Farabee thread to see what's the rumpus*
[more food debates]
"Well, alrighty then."

Hakstol is diabolical. We're so starved for good coaching that all we can think about is survival and our base primal drives, which have become twisted and perverted. He's turned us into a bunch of degenerates who don't know what a sandwich is and who talk about putting ketchup on mac & cheese, putting mushrooms on cheesesteaks, and eating well done beef.

images
giphy.gif

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Safe to assume he's going to get the Hexy "slow cook" treatment?
So sorry.
You really can’t slow cook the college kids the same way as the CHL kids because the college kids can walk after awhile. Seemed like Hextall really wanted to sign Allison this year and I imagine he will love to get Farabee and OBrien signed as soon as he can. I think Farabee and OBrien will be in college at most 2 years if the Flyers have their way.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
You really can’t slow cook the college kids the same way as the CHL kids because the college kids can walk after awhile. Seemed like Hextall really wanted to sign Allison this year and I imagine he will love to get Farabee and OBrien signed as soon as he can. I think Farabee and OBrien will be in college at most 2 years if the Flyers have their way.
I only said it for the food reference.
Again, a joke in "poor taste". Sorry.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The top college kids come out after two years for the most part, start in the AHL and jump to the NHL if they're good enough.
They need the AHL time to acclimate to the pro game.
There's not a big advantage staying in school once you're close to NHL ready, if you come out as a senior, you can wait and choose your team, but you're still signing an ELC and you've lost both a year playing a longer season against better competition and delayed the time to your RFA/UFA status.
If you're a top prospect, you'll get a shot at the NHL on any team.

Most of the players who come out after their senior year were marginal prospects who went undrafted or were late round picks, so staying in school improves the terms of their ELC and provides an opportunity to choose a team that provides a better opportunity to play.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Looking at BU’s roster for next year they should be pretty stacked upfront. They lost Greenway but they’re gaining Farabee & Wise to go with what they already have in Tkachuk, Harper, Bowers, etc. In general they’re pretty much returning all their key producers from last year sans Greenway.

When looking it over I also saw Brian Boucher’s son is a way later commitment for them right now too. He’s a 2003 so he won’t be touching a college campus any time soon.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I think he wanted to see Allison playing pro hockey just to have more information on how to handle simmer next season. Hopefully he still signs and tears it up in ahl playoffs giving hexy no choice but andletting simmer walk and he uses that capspace to sign Kony, Patrick and Sanheim to 8 year deals.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would think Cates has at least a 50-50 shot as well.
Based on his usage, I'd guess his chances are a lot better than that.

Unless something drastic happens between now and the WJC (like an injury or he has a terrible start to the season), I'd bet on him making it. The coach seemed to really like him.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Technically, yes, from a biological standpoint. As are tomatoes, eggplant, squash...

Don't get me started on my hatred for the word "vegetable."

Vegetable is a great word!

Berry is another favorite. Find the berries in this list: pumpkin, banana, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, watermelon

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Both us picks I'm really starting to like and not just because of skill but the main trait being hard work. They both get after it on the forecheck and have no problem craking a dman to get the puck. I didnt like the picks at first because I wanted different players but I'm happy we got these players. Ratcliffe I love and he'll be a handful in this camp and maybe make it. Frost I dont like nothing about his game and the higher the competition he fades out and thats not a good sign.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Both us picks I'm really starting to like and not just because of skill but the main trait being hard work. They both get after it on the forecheck and have no problem craking a dman to get the puck. I didnt like the picks at first because I wanted different players but I'm happy we got these players. Ratcliffe I love and he'll be a handful in this camp and maybe make it. Frost I dont like nothing about his game and the higher the competition he fades out and thats not a good sign.

I never do this but I made an exception and screenshottedthis comment. Frost will be an excellent player. Way to overreact over a couple of games in the summer. I personally love his style of slowing the game down.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

lmao at Ratcliffe having a shot at making the team this camp

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I never do this but I made an exception and screenshottedthis comment. Frost will be an excellent player. Way to overreact over a couple of games in the summer. I personally love his style of slowing the game down.

There have been some truly awful comments about a terrific prospect these last few pages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad