Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick #14: Joel Farabee, LW, USNTDP --> Boston U

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Did Frost have a bad camp? I didn’t attend, so I can’t say personally whether he did or didn’t, but the link below suggests that he had a good development camp.

Five stars of Flyers development camp

Can someone confirm whether whether he did or didn’t?

From what I understand, he stood out in camp. He wasnt great in the WJC Summer Showcase though.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Interesting episode of Snow the Goalie podcast this week. Anthony SanFillipo was saying that he was speaking to someone from inside the Flyers organization recently and they gave him some very interesting information
  1. JVR was actually the Flyers Plan “B”. Apparently they put an offer in for Paul Stastny but he turned it down. The deal was apparently for more money than he got from Vegas but it was a shorter term.
  2. The Flyers feel that Isaac Ratcliffe is closer to being NHL ready than Morgan Frost
  3. They are also more excited about the Jay O’Brian pick than the Joel Farabee pick. They think the really got someone special in JOB.

Frost had a very good camp, not a bad camp. The Flyers have not leaked anything since Hextall took over. And the Flyers beat writers are a joke. Otherwise though, very solid. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, I think it's pretty credible that they wanted Stastny (though they could afford to sign both).
Lindblom would stay as 2LW, Laughton - Stastny - Simmonds, Raffl/Weal - ??? - NAK/Raffl.
Two years of Stastny would have bought time for Frost, Vorobyev and Rubtsov to develop, and Farabee and O'Brien to arrive, and the Flyers had the cap room to overpay.

Ratcliffe is physically more ready than Frost, though both need to fill out.

O'Brien does have more upside than Farabee, and more risk.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I thought Tkachuk, after last season at BU, needed another season or AHL time but hey.

Farabee is a little more raw physically, but he has another 9 months to train. His IQ and skills will play immediately; it's just strength and skating work. I'm not terrible impressed with BU as a development program of late (though they always add draft talent), and I actually think he could be better served turning pro for the Phantoms. Spend half or a whole season down there.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Personally in two years i would like to see a line of Frost centering Farabee on left and Allison on right . They all bring something a little different to the table but could mesh fairly well .

Reactions: RANKKA

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Personally in two years i would like to see a line of Frost centering Farabee on left and Allison on right . They all bring something a little different to the table but could mesh fairly well .
There are lots of possibilities, but Farabee does look like another very skilled, smart player. Patience with the puck. Great shot and not afraid to use it. He needs to fill out a bit, so I have no problem with him going back to college next year. The year after he should be able to step right in.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Well apparently Fletcher can’t even see that Myers should be in the NHL right now, so don’t hold your breath on that one.

Somehow we ditch an overly-patient GM and end up with an even slower one. At least Hextalls dumb ass would’ve probably called Myers up when they only had 6 healthy D, like he did with Ghost and Sanheim. But nah, better to delay Myers or any young forward from getting NHL experience. It’s not as if a lost year is the perfect time to do it.

Hopefully this isn’t a sign of things to come. Otherwise Farabee might be finishing college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->