Series Discussion: Round 1: Jets vs Blues

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
We’ve turned the switch a few times this year (against Nashville, Vegas). Having Morrissey back should be a big help in the defensive zone. If we play like we can, Blues are child’s play. Far too many people underestimating us on the main boards, but we will see.

Actually you’re right. I was thinking that it’s silly to think we could just turn it on, but we actually have a few times when we had something to prove.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Actually you’re right. I was thinking that it’s silly to think we could just turn it on, but we actually have a few times when we had something to prove.

The Jets always seemed to show up when they played Boston and Nashville this year.

They upped their compete level for most of the big teams which included Tampa and Washington.

They can turn it up if they need to.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I have a sick feeling the Blues are gonna setup a trap defense and avoid getting into a run and gun with the Jets. Jets are useless against the trap.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I have a sick feeling the Blues are gonna setup a trap defense and avoid getting into a run and gun with the Jets. Jets are useless against the trap.

If they do well as we rush out of our end we purposely pass the puck to their best player on the ice when being up close and then check the living hell out of him...

There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

Get the regular season out of your head

We are at war for the Stanley Cup

Our team saved their bodies for tomorrow night game...

It will be epic...

planets-exploding-animation-s.gif

Have Faith and believe...

Go :jets Go

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
Hypothetically, IF the Jets were to bow out to the Blues in the the first round, and again I stress hypothetically and IF in the off-season General Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff receives a phone call from Bob Murray in Anaheim offering up Sam Steel +Cam Fowler for Patrick Laine, Chevy's response is what?

I don't think even the biggest Laine haters (that are Jets fans at least) would make that trade lol.

Reactions: Heldig

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Alpha buddy it’s 12:17 local time where the GDT?:)

I got a little more free time on my hands now awaiting surgery...:DD

I think and hope the Jets come out ripping out of the gates?

Helle to match Binningtons play at a minimum.

Little of all people will be a force.

GJG from my bed!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Well I'm dead tired and this video editing program is humiliating me so since I need to wait for the starting lineups to finish it off, I put the introduction and a little taster in, and reserved some posts for later this morning.

So that you don't need to put your haikus here. :P

Reactions: kanadalainen

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'm looking at the centre position for the Blues, and outside of O'Reilly who Scheifele can matchup against, they have Sundqvist, Bozak, and Barbashev. Sundqvist and Barbashev can skate, but from 2-4 we're quite a bit better at centre, and you hope it shows. The Blues have some scorers on the right side, it will be interesting to see how we match up against them. I think Morrissey is going to get a lot of shifts against Tarasenko. Perron and Thomas might cause some trouble as both are pretty shifty, and Steen will have the hometown step in his game. I think we are pretty even for top 3 on d. Morrissey is a bit better than Dunn, but we don't know how injured he is. I could see this being a tight and somewhat low scoring series, with the Blues wanting to battle in the trenches with us. I haven't seen Jordan Binnington play, this series will be the first time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00