GDT: Round 1 G6: Capitals @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
It’s not like he has had the team in its prime. I don’t think it’s a coaching issue.

THe issue with this team was they were old and slow... they had almost 3 months of straight suckage because of it. The team had to literally sellout to keep winning towards the end of the season. And the whole time, McM was benched numerous times.. AJF was used sparingly if ever. Backstrom came back and was given top minutes even though he basically sucks at this point. There are alot of things you can pin on Lavi and much of it is well deserved. He needs to be on the first flight out of here along with GMBM.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Fehervary is young and gonna be a real good player for us, was a long first real season for him

I don't understand the criticism
He choked real hard the last few games. Clueless with and without the puck. Of course, his partner was worse.

Reactions: Drakon

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Bravo boys, way to take a simple dump in and turn it into a turnover.

And question for the guys who have played a lot of hockey. When a puck is sent along the boards, turning up ice to try to take it in stride … we do that an awful lot and to me it’s why we have so much trouble getting pucks out of the zone. I don’t know if Carlson misjudged it or didn’t realize he was on ice but he had a chance to control that puck.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Fire Laviolette. Lavi's trademark is immediate results. The immediate results weren't there for the Capitals, despite him stunting the playing time of every younger or higher upside player. No point in keeping him around longer for worse results while also not developing players.
I lean this way too. More first round exits, might as well get a player development coach. We gave it a go, but only got one more playoff game this year

Reactions: Drakon

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
THe issue with this team was they were old and slow... they had almost 3 months of straight suckage because of it. The team had to literally sellout to keep winning towards the end of the season. And the whole time, McM was benched numerous times.. AJF was used sparingly if ever. Backstrom came back and was given top minutes even though he basically sucks at this point. There are alot of things you can pin on Lavi and much of it is well deserved. He needs to be on the first flight out of here along with GMBM.
I still disagree. The team has very big holes in the roster. It’s time to start rebuilding.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Also if we don’t have the worst playoff OT winning percentage then we are at least close. Ugh man so brutal.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
f*** I hate how much our team is chokers. and choking is usually not doing the 1% efforts that add up and matter. pathetic play for half of the past 3 games after starting well. classic caps bullshit.
over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad