GDT: Round 1 G6: Capitals @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Had a work emergency and couldn't watch the game from start of the 3rd. Saw it had gone to OT and I thought "Panthers will win it in OT because Carlson will do something stupid".

I think it's the only prediction I've gotten right in the whole series.

Not as annoyed as previous years though - I always felt the Caps were outgunned in this series. Expected it to be the goaltending that killed us but I think it was an old slow team, Carlson, and Carlson.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
McMichael played three minutes tonight y’all. Three minutes. We wouldn’t have won if he played more but damn. If Lavi stays that whole situation has to be fixed. The coach is obviously not a big fan at the moment.
I haven’t been impressed by CM to be honest, but it could be a result of him playing so few minutes and not playing center.

Reactions: Caps8112

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
1st 3 or 4 games of almost every playoff series
Quote-This-part-of-my-life-is-called-Happiness.jpg

Reactions: HecticGlow
Sep 19, 2008
Caps came that close to making the weekend a super-fun Game 7 fest. But 5 game 7's this weekend is still insane.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Well at least we have the two #8 records to look forward too: the all-time goals record and the most 50 goal seasons record. And that shouldn't take too long -- at OV's current pace, I'm predicting three seasons.

Then at last we blow things up and start from scratch.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Well thats playoffs-hockey. Missed chances to win in 4 and 5, lost in OT for 6.

Post to EN goes in, Dowd keeps the puck in zone and Caps take 4-1 lead - and its likely us going through.

Having healthy Wilson might change a lot of momentum swings.

But all that doesnt matter since we didnt get the bounce and now Caps is back being the worst team in the world. Its very much like -18, a good bounce here and there and you win first round to catch a fire.

For series observations;

Ovie didnt take the team on his back but thats understandable as a trap-hockey doesnt exactly embrace the old man style.

Samsonov was pretty good, yeah the 2-2 goal was bad in G6 but i actually think he might have played himself yet another year here. I mean, i have no problem with this version of Samsonov and he kept it together for 4 and half games at the hardest spot there is. Id go forward getting him the 1A/1B. Vanecek kind of showed he isnt more than a backup when it comes time to shine.

I was happy to see our vet team actually had the gear to play smart playoff-hockey, it propably really was just one missed EN away from advancing through and cant really be that disappointed to make it that close with Pres winners. Makes me wonder what would have happened in 2nd round. Maybe this team isnt washed up, they just need to get over yet another hump of 1st round exits. The swings at late of the single games and especially in OT was clear, they didnt play with confidence. Getting that one lucky OT goal might do miracles.

Reactions: RandyHolt

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Woke up this morning. Saw that the video clip last 3 hours 13. It means that there was for sure an OT. Decided to watch the last 10 minutes of the clip just in case of FLA win to not suffer through the whole game.
It could be a dream scenario with that comeback with the EN.

BTW how the played during this one? Deserve to win?
It must be a premier. A team with 0 PPG advance to the next round (or a team with a perfect PK is eliminated???)

Guys remember what we've said in January-February. This team will maximum win 1 game in PO. They even won 2. Yes the G4 and G5 are painful scenarios but c'est la vie. I would even say it's the Caps life.

Ovi 6 points in 6 games being injured. Not bad old man.
PS : They missed Willy ... for all of those that want to trade him.

Sep 19, 2008
Woke up this morning. Saw that the video clip last 3 hours 13. It means that there was for sure an OT. Decided to watch the last 10 minutes of the clip just in case of FLA win to not suffer through the whole game.
It could be a dream scenario with that comeback with the EN.

BTW how the played during this one? Deserve to win?
It must be a premier. A team with 0 PPG advance to the next round (or a team with a perfect PK is eliminated???)

Guys remember what we've said in January-February. This team will maximum win 1 game in PO. They even won 2. Yes the G4 and G5 are painful scenarios but c'est la vie. I would even say it's the Caps life.

Ovi 6 points in 6 games being injured. Not bad old man.
PS : They missed Willy ... for all of those that want to trade him.
They looked alright for 40 minutes or so, took a lead in the 3rd. Place was rocking. Then Florida scored twice in quick succession. You could see the crowd quiet down. A lady stood up and was like "why are you all so quiet let's go"

Then the Caps tied it in the last minute on a 6-4 (Caps PP) in one of the latest goals I've seen in person

Turned out to be moot though. It's a shame. I miss winning 1st round playoff series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad