GDT: Round 1 G6: Capitals @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
think youll know right away tonight. Caps either come out flying, hitting and shooting or they come out trying to skate slow, stick handle, make clearly telegraphed passes and other dumb shit. They may be the biggest jeckl (spelling) and hyde in the playoffs this year. When they are off, they are unbearable to watch.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
think youll know right away tonight. Caps either come out flying, hitting and shooting or they come out trying to skate slow, stick handle, make clearly telegraphed passes and other dumb shit. They may be the biggest jeckl (spelling) and hyde in the playoffs this year. When they are off, they are unbearable to watch.

Not really. They came out and dominated last game. And they fell apart in the 2nd half of the game. So regardless of how they look early, it's hard to say how it's going to end.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If they are only going to play McMichael/AJF/Leason 6 minutes a night they might as well just dress Wilson for the game tonight. Worst case is he can't play and the ice time for the other forwards isn't different than it would be otherwise.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
This series is over.

I see we have a time traveler from 2 days in the future.

I need advice: what crypto should I short today? I was looking at Polkadot because while I like its interoperability with various blockchains, I am concerned because not a lot of sex-slave-traders accept it for payment. But would this be an opportunity for growth? Quite the pickle.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

It's ok, he's going to arrive mid-game like Dean Portman in The Mighty Ducks 3.

Washington will then promptly forfeit for having a player who isn't on the lineup card play in the game.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Kind of feels like a watershed moment for the organization tonight. If they lose (or win and lose in Game 7), have to imagine this summer is interesting after four straight early exits. If they pull a 2018 and come back from the brink like they did against Tampa that year and move on to the next round then big changes aren't as likely. A lot might be riding on the next three periods.

Positive vibes only for now though. They have played better than expected this series and are a few mindless plays and bad bounces away from being up or potentially having already advanced. Make Florida earn everything and put the pressure back on them at home on Sunday.

Reactions: crab and Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Friday 13
against the Cats
at least FLA will play in white :sarcasm:
9FqK[1].gif

But the ketchup is blood and the guy is the Panthers

• Haha
Reactions: searle and Misery74
Sep 19, 2008

Kind of feels like a watershed moment for the organization tonight. If they lose (or win and lose in Game 7), have to imagine this summer is interesting after four straight early exits. If they pull a 2018 and come back from the brink like they did against Tampa that year and move on to the next round then big changes aren't as likely. A lot might be riding on the next three periods.

Positive vibes only for now though. They have played better than expected this series and are a few mindless plays and bad bounces away from being up or potentially having already advanced. Make Florida earn everything and put the pressure back on them at home on Sunday.
I'm not sure if they can even financially do anything being up against the cap although I admit I know nothing of what the cap looks like in the future or what contracts can be cleared out. But we'll get to that time when we get to it. Today is playoff day. Live to see another day.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Will be on hand tonight hoping for the best. Having seen elimination games in 2013 (Rangers 5-0), 2017 (Pens 2-0), and 2019 (Canes 4-3), I should know better.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008

while i want them to win the series i dont know how they win 2 straight against this team. As far as offseason, not really sure what they can do. Making any kind of significant/impactful roster moves would mean moving big contracts that are either underperforming or need a change of scenery. Those kind of moves usually require adding to a deal to get someone like Arizona or other bad team to agree. think what you see is what you get for at least 2 years. IMO they need a goalie but they will likely stick with Sammy since he currently showing glimpses again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad