Roster Speculation Pt. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
What's it take to get Ho-Sang here? His name has been floated a bunch through the years and the TSN trade bait list has him at #16. Was sat for several games recently and then responded with a hat trick and 6 points in 2 games. Something around Nylander? Could be a good change of scenery trade for both players. I don't think there's a worse fit for him in the league than a team who's GM is Lou Lamoriello. I think he's shown offensively he's ready. Certainly some risk there given his perceived attitude issues, but he's been a favorite of mine since his junior days.
I'd offer Tage and tell his father. Might stir something up. :naughty:
New York Islanders: Brent Thompson’s Comments Are Concerning

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
yeah, I wouldnt mind taking a shot, he's dynamic offensively, but he's absolutely clueless defensively, so he'd fit right in.
Yeah and I don't think your going to teach him that part of the game either, and that's probably a large portion of the disconnect between him and the team. Just let him produce offensively and hope the good outweighs the bad.
I'd offer Tage and tell his father. Might stir something up. :naughty:
New York Islanders: Brent Thompson’s Comments Are Concerning
Lol. I had no idea that was Tage's old man.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Totally. I definitely knew that and didn’t assume based on his first name and his khl adventure.

Sobotka, that’s a Slav name goddammit!
He's not a fourth liner dammit.. Well not in the KHL .. He is one of the tells , signs and portends ( ..that when we no longer need his services ..) ..The blind women breathing the vapors says we will..

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Wanted to see Wilson with Larssensens for a while. Looked great today please keep them together. Great shut down line In the making.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I’ve saw a rumor a little bit ago about our supposed interest. Can anyone give me the cliff notes on this guy?

More a LW than a C, good skater. Usage in Columbus for a few years reminds me of what Phil does with Mitts -- heavy 0-zone starts -- with eGX in his team's favor most of his time in C'bus. Playmaker, not a finisher, good defensively and not all that physical.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
#27 is terrifying. He's so useless if not waterskiing behind Skinner-Eichel.

Yeah that list was made in December when Pommers was piling up the points.

He does elevate his game a lot though when he plays on the top line. Liked him a lot.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go after a RW to replace him on the top line. Tons of options on that list.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah that list was made in December when Pommers was piling up the points.

He does elevate his game a lot though when he plays on the top line. Liked him a lot.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go after a RW to replace him on the top line. Tons of options on that list.

He only piles up points in very limited spurts when playing opposite Skinner and Eichel. He isn't all that good on the second PP unit, is downright useless on anything but a line with a center who can handle lugging the mail (as was the case in Minny with Haula too). Do. Not. Want.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
He only piles up points in very limited spurts when playing opposite Skinner and Eichel. He isn't all that good on the second PP unit, is downright useless on anything but a line with a center who can handle lugging the mail (as was the case in Minny with Haula too). Do. Not. Want.

For sure re-signing him is a terribad idea.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Lee had some chemistry with Jack at one point. I wonder if that gets some traction.
The word down here is there's pretty much no way he leaves the island. But if he did he would be absolutely perfect for us. We totally lack a net front presence and that is Lee's bread and butter. He'd put up 40 a year with Jack easy.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I love Donskoi, can't see the Sharks letting him get away.
Sharks have some decisions to make, Karlsson contract will be hefty obvs, Meier will get a very nice raise, then theres what do they do with Pavelski & Jumbo? Wonder if they'll be able to afford Donskoi.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Crazy to see (given previous years of defence scoring woes) that we have 2 defencemen in the top 20 in defence scoring (the Rasmii are at 19 and 20, but still)

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Lee or Stone with Skinner and Eichel would be possibly the best 1st line in the league. Really well balanced.

Backed up by Sheary - Mittelstadt - Reinhart, and we're cooking with crisco.

Then fire Sobotka into the sun.

Reactions: sabremike

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Jason Zucker is being shopped heavily apparently (supposedly 70% chance he gets traded)

27 yo center, 5.5M, 4 years left after this one. 64 points last year but that looks like a big outlier.

His contract is pretty ugly but he'd definitely come cheap.

To be honest I'd stay away but it's something I could see Botts doing. His justification would be that he'd replace the "savings" from Berglund or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad