Roster Speculation Pt. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If Stone gets traded and Botts' phone blows up with offers for Skinner...Not sure who else is out there after Stone that would rival Skinner for contenders. Will then be interested to see if Botts will take the assets and cash in on a great opportunity, or sit on your hands with your best asset and try to re-sign Jeff.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Literally JUST a feeling. I could be wrong.

Whoa, notification blitz. I'll shut up now.
Can we quote you as a source on the trade board? "Rumor: MayDayMayDay literally just has a feeling that Sabres are getting Stone. Could be wrong." :sarcasm: :laugh:

I'd love it if you are right, but that cost for Duchene was insane and i am not sure we have the pieces to acquire a guy like Stone who will command the same if not a bigger return.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'm down, but only if we're keeping him. I don't want rentals.

I'd be over the moon if we got and kept him. He's a great hockey player and exactly the kind of elite 200' winger we've all (I think?) been wanting to see next to Jack.

But yeah, the key is in the keeping. We have absolutely no business acquiring expensive rentals.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Can we quote you as a source on the trade board? "Rumor: MayDayMayDay literally just has a feeling that Sabres are getting Stone. Could be wrong." :sarcasm: :laugh:

I'd love it if you are right, but that cost for Duchene was insane and i am not sure we have the pieces to acquire a guy like Stone who will command the same if not a bigger return.

2019 1st
Nylander
Davidsson (unite the brothers!)
2020 1st (conditional on resign)

Reactions: Gabrielor

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

We definitely have the pieces, but shouldn't be giving them up unless it's set in (haha) Stone that he's going to be a Sabre for the rest of his prime. Would undoubtedly cost us our own first round pick, and a couple good prospects at bare minimum. Makes way more sense to hope to entice him on July 1st to come over.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If Stone gets traded and Botts' phone blows up with offers for Skinner...Not sure who else is out there after Stone that would rival Skinner for contenders. Will then be interested to see if Botts will take the assets and cash in on a great opportunity, or sit on your hands with your best asset and try to re-sign Jeff.
You realize if that happens Botts basically is saying we are already punting next season away, particularly because we would be getting back picks/prospects who won't contribute for us for at least 3+ more years? Skinner leaving would be a disaster.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Meh it's more the majority of us being starved for a team-benefiting trade that saying something like that make our ears perk up and twitter radars search.
My bad, I should have read the room/known better haha.

Haha, go for it, wouldnt make me any more or less reputable than Eklund lolol.

Also, just in case I'm right:

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Lotto Numbers boys :)

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You realize if that happens Botts basically is saying we are already punting next season away, particularly because we would be getting back picks/prospects who won't contribute for us for at least 3+ more years? Skinner leaving would be a disaster.

That's why I said I would be interested if it comes to that point, on his decision.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Dorian got a better return on a pending UFA and inferior player than Botts got on ROR with term

Well, you aren't wrong.

If Skinner can get a duchene return do you do it?

Skinner doesn't get nearly that return. Probably a 1st + prospect with a conditional pick if he signs. Duchene plays a more important position and has been more consistent throughout his career.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think a lot of signs are pointing towards Stone heading to his hometown team.

I don't expect Botts to make any big moves at the deadline.

Just minor moves.

Reactions: Chainshot

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’m holding out for some magic involving risto

Spitball dream
Nylander risto
Montour rakelll

Status
Not open for further replies.