Roster Speculation Pt. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Haven't seen him enough to have a firm opinion.

The obvious downside I can see is that acquiring him now takes us out of the sweepstakes for other UFA targets.
Unless you think we're getting Stone or Panarin I'd rather have Zucker than a UFA winger.

Reactions: Chainshot

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Now would be the perfect time to make a small add. Hagelin woulda been perfect. Guys just played a good game fighting for playoffs, add a forward to keep their confidence going. But new sabres plan is to sit on your hands soooo. No worries we eliminated the problems in the Lockeroom in the offseason this team can handle anything now!!!!

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I'm not sure if Nylander's toast, but moving him seems simple enough. Zucker taking Pom's money is an upgrade in talent/production/speed.

Everything you say is true but I don't think an upgrade on Pomms for the same money should cost us as much as Nylander and a 1st -- improving on JP at his AAV isn't a high bar imo.

I like the idea of the Nylander + 1st as a package, but would rather use it on someone a bit more exciting. We still have need at literally every position, so we should have options, if there is indeed still value in Nylander.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would Zucker and Wennberg arriving and the Blues and Sharks firsts leaving be good/bad/indifferent?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Everything you say is true but I don't think an upgrade on Pomms for the same money should cost us as much as Nylander and a 1st -- improving on JP at his AAV isn't a high bar imo.

I like the idea of the Nylander + 1st as a package, but would rather use it on someone a bit more exciting. We still have need at literally every position, so we should have options, if there is indeed still value in Nylander.
Can we get anyone more exciting for that package? I doubt it.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Would Zucker and Wennberg arriving and the Blues and Sharks firsts leaving be good/bad/indifferent?

I don’t think either will cost a 1st. They have ‘bad’ contracts and are on buy low poor years. Middling prospects and middling roster player bundles is what I think they land.

Reactions: jc17

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Overall negative I think. I'd gladly give one of those 1sts for Zucker........but not for Wennberg. While Wennberg could bounce back, he's a much bigger risk (while granted filling the greater need).

That said, having a top 6 of Skinner/Eichel/Reinhart/Zucker/Wennberg/X could be really nice.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

I think we'd be overpaying on both but I'd do it because it would be an relatively clean and easy way to solve our middle 6 issues. Still have our highest first. So "good."

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I don’t think either will cost a 1st. They have ‘bad’ contracts and are on buy low poor years. Middling prospects and middling roster player bundles is what I think they land.
Agreed. On those contracts I don't think either would cost a first, or be worth it.

If either turns it around I guess a first would be a steal but I wouldn't be suprised if those teams just want to unload salary, especially columbus.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Are one of our goalies hurt? Or heading out the door?

Johansson had season ending surgery leaving us with only one goalie who could be called up if someone is hurt. Makes sense to have a second just in case. Costs nothing but a temporary contract spot.

Reactions: joshjull

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m much more concerned with figuring out how to get several D out of here than I am adding to the forwards right now. I’m not going anywhere this year anyway. If we are stuck with the same logjam of crap on D and a coach who can’t tell who the bad ones are we aren’t going anywhere next year either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad