Roster Speculation Pt. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I highly doubt either Wennberg OR Zucker take a 1st. They seem like good buy low candidates that will cost much less than people expect.

I'm all for that (more so Zucker)

Reactions: RWatson29

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
What's it take to get Ho-Sang here? His name has been floated a bunch through the years and the TSN trade bait list has him at #16. Was sat for several games recently and then responded with a hat trick and 6 points in 2 games. Something around Nylander? Could be a good change of scenery trade for both players. I don't think there's a worse fit for him in the league than a team who's GM is Lou Lamoriello. I think he's shown offensively he's ready. Certainly some risk there given his perceived attitude issues, but he's been a favorite of mine since his junior days.

We don't need this POS in our locker room. From all accounts he's a greedy scum bag. Pass, even if it's for a 5th.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The thought of the following lineup is about as exciting as it is unlikely, but still:

Skinner-eichel-olofsson
Huberdeau-mitts-reinhart
Erod-wennberg-anyone
Smith/DOR-larsson-girgs

Deleted member 27798

The thought of the following lineup is about as exciting as it is unlikely, but still:

Skinner-eichel-olofsson
Huberdeau-mitts-reinhart
Erod-wennberg-anyone
Smith/DOR-larsson-girgs
How did you make Okposo disappear?

Skinner ~9, Huberdeau ~6, Wennberg ~5, Sam(after next season) ~7 = ~27 mil + an impending contract for Dahlin

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
How did you make Okposo disappear?

Skinner ~9, Huberdeau ~6, Wennberg ~5, Sam(after next season) ~7 = ~27 mil + an impending contract for Dahlin
Well right that's part of why its unlikely.

Also tage and sobotka disappearing are not going to happen. At least sobotka only has a year.

Right now we'd have to like give someone a first to take okposo. I wonder if anyone would take okposo + SJ first for a mid second rounder

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Fenton is ripe for the taking ....

Unfortunately ...so is Botterill.

Kramdaman

Apr 22, 2014

Skinner-eichel-olofsson
Huberdeau-mitts-reinhart
Erod-wennberg-anyone
Smith/DOR-larsson-girgs

Hubes would be a nice add, but you couldn’t add Wennberg as well. You still need to tweak the defense.

Trade Blues 1st/ Blues 2nd/ CJ Smith/ Guhle for Huberdeau and Pysyk.

Skinner-Eichel- Nylander
Huberdeau-Mitts-Rhino
Sheary- Erod- Thompson
Girgs-Larsson-Okposo

Trade our 1st for Trouba at the draft, I’m sure we’d have to add more so maybe we don’t have the ammo to make this deal. . Trade Scandella, Sobotka, Bogo for a mid round pick at the draft, retain salary if needed.

Sign Dan Girardi to one year deal (3) until Borgen is ready.

Dahlin-Trouba
McCabe-Risto
Pilut- Girardi
Pysyk

In all honesty, I don’t think any of this happens because Botts is hell bent on building the long term, so I’m guessing we will hold onto these draft picks. The only thing that makes me believe we would possibly do make some of these moves is the Skinner deal.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Well right that's part of why its unlikely.

Also tage and sobotka disappearing are not going to happen. At least sobotka only has a year.

Right now we'd have to like give someone a first to take okposo. I wonder if anyone would take okposo + SJ first for a mid second rounder
Why not give them Tage?

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I'm not tech savvy, but Andy Steickland just tweeted speculation of Risto going to Tampa. Strickland is a somewhat reliable source (Blues writer, higher end version of Hamilton)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
What does Tampa have that they’re willing to part with though? And you’d have to be taking salary back...salary belonging to a player they don’t view as important enough to their cup run to keep.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
What does Tampa have that they’re willing to part with though? And you’d have to be taking salary back...salary belonging to a player they don’t view as important enough to their cup run to keep.

Purely my guess, but I would think due to space, wed get Johnson back? Unless we're getting a massive futures deal and taking Cally?

Kramdaman

Apr 22, 2014

Johnson +?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I wondered if Risto dummying Kuch and then standing up Ovi in back to back games would reignite a team to cover his toughness...and overlook that when he’s on the ice the other team is going to have the puck so goddamned always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad