Speculation: Roster Speculation Part V: Looking to Trade 1sts for Rentals ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
His numbers are pretty underwhelming. Not sure what McCann gives us over what we already have.

A future 3C who plays a 200 foot game.

Edit: I'm still all about a Nylander for Tierney swap though. I think Tierney can be one of the best 3Cs in the league behind Eichel and Mittelstadt.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Still assumes that anyone wants him to do what he does for $3 million a year.

I honestly think our best chance is paying Seattle a hefty price to take him.

Honestly... I think Okposo is a $3-4m player getting paid $6m. He’s a guy who has shown he can out put up solid #s with the right (premier) center.

Hypothetically, if Okposo were traded after this season with 50% retained he’d carry a cap hit of $3m/yr but would only have salary of $4m*50% last two years. I THINK /someone/ would take Okposo for the right deal. He makes $20m the last 4yrs ($8m in SBs). A rebuilding team could Be interested.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Honestly... I think Okposo is a $3-4m player getting paid $6m. He’s a guy who has shown he can out put up solid #s with the right (premier) center.

Hypothetically, if Okposo were traded after this season with 50% retained he’d carry a cap hit of $3m/yr but would only have salary of $4m*50% last two years. I THINK /someone/ would take Okposo for the right deal. He makes $20m the last 4yrs ($8m in SBs). A rebuilding team could Be interested.

Okposo’s best production was with Nielsen. It was a bad signing.

Reactions: DJN21

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
A future 3C who plays a 200 foot game.

Edit: I'm still all about a Nylander for Tierney swap though. I think Tierney can be one of the best 3Cs in the league behind Eichel and Mittelstadt.
When do you project Mittelstadt to be a 2C and better than Tierney?

I'm just curious about the view of his timeline by fans.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I agreed then and I agree now. Hes making $2-3m too much for 3-4 years too long.
Your math doesn't take into account future depreciation. We'll be lucky if KO is a million dollar player a couple of years from now.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
To my eyes, the main pieces we'll have to expose in the expansion auction are Guhle, Smith and Asplund...I don't really consider any of them to be far better, though they're definitely younger and team-controlled. You can trade assets for expansion consderation.

Olofsson is another one likely to be exposed.

But the two I'm most worried about losing is Pilut and Borgen. I would hope they would know well enough to protect Pilut over McCabe but with the way Pilut has been handled this year who knows.

We've got way too many young players that need to be protected. Because of that, I'm with you about paying the hefty price in draft picks to get Seattle to take Okposo, and just as importantly protect our promising elc players.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Olofsson is another one likely to be exposed.

But the two I'm most worried about losing is Pilut and Borgen. I would hope they would know well enough to protect Pilut over McCabe but with the way Pilut has been handled this year who knows.

We've got way too many young players that need to be protected. Because of that, I'm with you about paying the hefty price in draft picks to get Seattle to take Okposo, and just as importantly protect our promising elc players.
In no world will VO be exposed.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
In no world will VO be exposed.

Look at the roster or cap friendly expansion draft tool.

Eichel
Reinhart
Skinner (if he signs)
Mitts
Thompson (Botts won't risk losing his centerpiece of that crap deal)

Then two of Nylander, Asplund, CJ, VO

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

If that's all it would cost to acquire Hoffman, you have to look at that, regardless of what Hoffman's fiancee may or may not have said in the past. Given that he's on pace for 40 goals this season, and he's under contract for another season, I imagine the price would be higher than that.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
When do you project Mittelstadt to be a 2C and better than Tierney?

I'm just curious about the view of his timeline by fans.

Honestly, after this year 3-4 years from now he has a good chance to be a better all around center. 1-2 years after this year I would say he could be a better offensive center than Tierney.

Reactions: GellMann

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015

If that's all it would cost to acquire Hoffman, you have to look at that, regardless of what Hoffman's fiancee may or may not have said in the past. Given that he's on pace for 40 goals this season, and he's under contract for another season, I imagine the price would be higher than that.

I don’t think the organization would do this. We traded RoR, for pennies on the dollar, because he was a “bad apple” we cant go out and get someone else with bad baggage.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
I don’t think the organization would do this. We traded RoR, for pennies on the dollar, because he was a “bad apple” we cant go out and get someone else with bad baggage.
If that's the case, this organization better loosen up, or we'll never win anything with either team.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

I'm not going down this rabbit hole again, but I am hopeful that we're not attributing the (alleged) bad acts of players' fiancees to the player himself. But, sadly, I fear that this organization - particularly its ownership, who has seemingly taken a "Character Over Everything" approach to both of its teams - might do so.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad