Speculation: Roster Speculation Part V: Looking to Trade 1sts for Rentals ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Warning, this is a stream of thought ramble.

Let's praise Zemgod and Larry for a minute. Z is +2.5 Rel CF% and Larry is +1.9 RelCF% at EV with 81% Defensive zone starts. I'd like to see both extended.
I wonder if Larsson and Girgs had a finisher on their line, could they be putting up some decent counting stats too? They generate a lot of chances, mostly missing wide or drilling the goaltender in the belly. Honestly, if you added one decent skill piece to that line, you should shift 1-2 minutes their way (hello Sobotka and his -7.1 RelCF% getting 1:30 more EV time than Z). Come to think of it, putting Erod on that line and treating them like a 2/3rd line is a no brainer. Bury Tage-Sobotka-Okposo with sheltered 4th line minutes and start giving Mittelstadt more D zone starts. I must be missing a big piece of the puzzle, because as near as I can tell, none of these have been tried.

Ramble ended.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Warning, this is a stream of thought ramble.

Let's praise Zemgod and Larry for a minute. Z is +2.5 Rel CF% and Larry is +1.9 RelCF% at EV with 81% Defensive zone starts. I'd like to see both extended.
I wonder if Larsson and Girgs had a finisher on their line, could they be putting up some decent counting stats too? They generate a lot of chances, mostly missing wide or drilling the goaltender in the belly. Honestly, if you added one decent skill piece to that line, you should shift 1-2 minutes their way (hello Sobotka and his -7.1 RelCF% getting 1:30 more EV time than Z). Come to think of it, putting Erod on that line and treating them like a 2/3rd line is a no brainer. Bury Tage-Sobotka-Okposo with sheltered 4th line minutes and start giving Mittelstadt more D zone starts. I must be missing a big piece of the puzzle, because as near as I can tell, none of these have been tried.

Ramble ended.

I'm not sure about all that, but I was thinking, while watching Washington-Toronto, that Girgs and Larsson would be good depth players for contenders to go after and are my favorites to be moved at the TDL.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I'm not sure about all that, but I was thinking, while watching Washington-Toronto, that Girgs and Larsson would be good depth players for contenders to go after and are my favorites to be moved at the TDL.
Why would we trade away Larsson and Girgs who have been solid all season for what would amount to scraps because no one will give us more than a 2nd or 3rd for those guys leaving even more holes in our roster. That doesn't really make sense.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

They're both RFA and will not cost much. They're worth a heck of a lot more on the team than some 3rd round picks. Trading away some of our only effective depth forwards doesn't seem like a good idea.

Reactions: Jim Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad