Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXX: Cue Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Context and timing make a huge difference when it comes to how we experience a city/place.
I grew up in NYC and every time i go back i bristle at the atmosphere. Dirty, unfriendly, expensive... But a lot of people I know and respect say NYC is their favorite place and are always impressed at how lovely the people are.
Anyhow, it's like fanbases... we generalize, but i always take those with a grain of salt.
All that said, i still think that due to some objective criteria like convenience (easy to get around), access to varied and excellent food, cost performance, safety, cleanliness, Montreal is an excellent city.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
ERBros9WsAADkYy

Kaapo looks like he wanted to be home having soup 3 hours ago. Ruff looking at the camera how I look at Ruff. Lindgren should have worn a monocle on the bruised eye. Skjei looks photoshopped in with the best picture they found of him.
You can tell just about every Finish joke there is and this photo of Kaapo makes them 100% accurate.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Look at Buch in the background with that enormous goofy grin. How can you not love him?
I'm coming around to Buch lately. But i still think he is one player who might be worth more to another team than he is to the Rangers. Toronto, for example. Maybe Edmonton. Pittsburgh. Anyhow, seems he's not exactly a Quinn/Gorton type. Though he's obviously fitting in much better lately.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Dude…

I think this guy was late to work:

only one rude person as I see it.

the passed out bum’s beer spilling on his friend is anywhere. My gosh, go look at New Orleans where they sleep in puddles of urine

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Mikko Rantanen just took a hard spill into the boards and went to the dressing room holding his shoulder. If that's anything serious/long-term, Colorado could need another Top 6 winger
If rantanen is out long term that makes it more likely the avs stand pat than it does for them to load up. You can't replace rantanen at the deadline and they already have several other issues.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hahahaha That was a Cali accent.
no one's saying you have to be born in NY to be rude or just gross...it's just that big cities attract creeps and NY is a big magnet. also tons of amazing interesting talented people but they're not riding the subway and not manning the fast food shop.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If rantanen is out long term that makes it more likely the avs stand pat than it does for them to load up. You can't replace rantanen at the deadline and they already have several other issues.
the flip side of that is that if the Avs pack it in, maybe Winnepeg or Arizona or even Minnesota decide to try to step up and fill that void.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
People I know in Boston are nice but walking through the city I felt like everyone was trying to pick a fight with me, same with SF but in more of a passive aggressive way. I have had a few friends that had the same experience in Boston. I think a lot of the smaller cities near NYC are worse than NYC, like a little brother/short man syndrome thing
Went to College up there. Have to say, did not have an experience like this at all. People were much friendlier than in NY. Much cleaner than NYC. Less touristy. People seemed way more polite. I love NY but I also really like Boston. This coming from a diehard Yankees fan.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I enjoy how this thread has devolved into a travel thread. I hate basically every North American city besides Portland and Vancouver, but that’s probably because I’m an aging hipster that enjoys fresh hops and mountains.

I’m as big a Ranger fan as there is (meh, probably not true anymore if I’m being honest) and there’s no way I would want to play in NYC. I never truly enjoyed living there and I definitely don’t miss it now that I’m gone. If I’m a 30 year old pro looking to cash in, give me one of those no state income tax, cheap real estate havens all day long.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
no one's saying you have to be born in NY to be rude or just gross...it's just that big cities attract creeps and NY is a big magnet. also tons of amazing interesting talented people but they're not riding the subway and not manning the fast food shop.
Sorry I wrote that wrong, I was just pointing out her awful accent.

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I enjoy how this thread has devolved into a travel thread. I hate basically every North American city besides Portland and Vancouver, but that’s probably because I’m an aging hipster that enjoys fresh hops and mountains.

I’m as big a Ranger fan as there is (meh, probably not true anymore if I’m being honest) and there’s no way I would want to play in NYC. I never truly enjoyed living there and I definitely don’t miss it now that I’m gone. If I’m a 30 year old pro looking to cash in, give me one of those no state income tax, cheap real estate havens all day long.

Oh, so you’re a Jets fan

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
the flip side of that is that if the Avs pack it in, maybe Winnepeg or Arizona or even Minnesota decide to try to step up and fill that void.
I'm just concerned this board is trying to create more of an idea of excessive demand that what is reasonably out there. We know STL and bos are major players for krieder. Beyond that we are hoping there are more but until we know let's be reasonable. Sometimes all you need are two teams battling for one player.

Reactions: egelband

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Went to College up there. Have to say, did not have an experience like this at all. People were much friendlier than in NY. Much cleaner than NYC. Less touristy. People seemed way more polite. I love NY but I also really like Boston. This coming from a diehard Yankees fan.
I also went to college in Boston but I wonder if the college experience isn't drastically different than a long term resident or tourist. I didn't have a lot of interaction with regular Bostonians when I was there.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
My wife went to school up there so she was super excited to show me around and like I said her friends super nice but I have never had so many people being so rude to me ever. We had just come from visiting family in NYC and man it was night and day for me. It is probably just not what I expected and the same goes for SF. Funny thing I am a Mets fan and I don't care for the Yankees, so the Bostonians I hung out with dug that. Also they are in general more into hockey up there and the vibe was they liked people who liked hockey, so that was cool.

Reactions: RGY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad