Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXX: Cue Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Most dreary & depressing major city on Earth. I’m very well travelled and I don’t think I’ve ever been to a city as rude as Vancouver, it is literally not even commonplace for people to greet you when you walk into a store. No one asks how you’re doing, strangers don’t talk to you unless it’s homeless people begging for money or thugs jumping you with bear mace & batons. The government is also insanely corrupt and props up any company who lobbies them and grants them monopoly status. Uber/Lyft weren’t even allowed here until like a month ago because of how in bed the taxi unions are with the government, and now that they’re here they still have to jump through a ton of regulations placed on them so it’s not profitable. There’s a 40% tax on parking spots. Just a ridiculous city, and any picture you find that looks beautiful is taken on the one of 30 days you can actually see the skyline and mountains because it’s always grey and rainy
I cant imagine a major western hemisphere city ruder than NYC

Reactions: egelband

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Mikko Rantanen just took a hard spill into the boards and went to the dressing room holding his shoulder. If that's anything serious/long-term, Colorado could need another Top 6 winger
giphy.gif

Reactions: Irishguy42

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
Weather is just like Seattle.

It’s pretty yet they have they have a severe homeless problem. A lot of the homeless crowd the coffee shops and are kinda everywhere. It kinda puts a damper on the place.
Yea I live in Seattle, Vancouver has a part of town that is kinda bad but is easily avoidable. Rest of town is not like that at all. Seattle its the entire town but the entire west coast has a terrible homeless problem. I moved from SF to here and SF was much worse. I have lived in a lot of different places and I would not trade Seattle for any of them. If I can live in Vancouver I might. The weather thing is over blown, it rains but it is green and the temperature is very tempered. Seattle is also not a low hanging gray like SF with the fog, it is just clouds and they come and go, every day has some sun and everyday has some clouds. Winter is gray but the summers are the best. I live on the water and I can go skiing a hour to a hour and a half away and it is good mountains.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Brooks screaming about needing cap space while blowing his load at the thought of keeping Kreider is funny

It’s very simple Larry, just don’t re-sign Kreider

Also Georgiev should be traded in the next week. Needs to be done. He’s not going to be a starter in this league.

I’ll take the legacy of Henrik going out on his own terms and whatever they get back for Georgiev now, as opposed to this Frankenstein send off bull**** Brooks is trying to concoct for the summer

I also thought that Georgiev is not expansion exempt? If he is so good, how the heck are we gonna keep Seattle from snagging him?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I know its a rental, and some people are saying the return is a lot, but that seems kind of low for Toffoli. A nondescript bottom-sixer, a smallish recent 3rd rd pick, a 2nd and a conditional 4th for a 27 year old 30-50 pt scorer.

Smallish recent 3rd round pick who is a PPG+ as a Sophomore in the NCAA.

The scoring is never going to be his calling card, but I'd LOVE to have that player in our system. Quality utilitarian middle 6 players are my jam.

Reactions: UnSandvich

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Brooks screaming about needing cap space while blowing his load at the thought of keeping Kreider is funny

It’s very simple Larry, just don’t re-sign Kreider

Also Georgiev should be traded in the next week. Needs to be done. He’s not going to be a starter in this league.

I’ll take the legacy of Henrik going out on his own terms and whatever they get back for Georgiev now, as opposed to this Frankenstein send off bull**** Brooks is trying to concoct for the summer
They need to sell high on Georgiev. He may become a #1. I dont think he has capped off his ceiling. But he also may not. His value will never be higher than it is now. It will only go down as he sits behind Igor as a backup playing 25 games each of the next 2 years and getting older. He has more value than Hank in what he would return.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I think Krieder's will go to the Blues. I think they'll get around the following:

2020 1st
2022 2nd
Kyrou/Kostin
Mikkola

While that'd be great, assuming it's just Kreider going that way, it's also not realistic. Take out the 2nd & Kyrou/Kostin, and it'll be closer to what i think we'll get

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
Most dreary & depressing major city on Earth. I’m very well travelled and I don’t think I’ve ever been to a city as rude as Vancouver, it is literally not even commonplace for people to greet you when you walk into a store. No one asks how you’re doing, strangers don’t talk to you unless it’s homeless people begging for money or thugs jumping you with bear mace & batons. The government is also insanely corrupt and props up any company who lobbies them and grants them monopoly status. Uber/Lyft weren’t even allowed here until like a month ago because of how in bed the taxi unions are with the government, and now that they’re here they still have to jump through a ton of regulations placed on them so it’s not profitable. There’s a 40% tax on parking spots. Just a ridiculous city, and any picture you find that looks beautiful is taken on the one of 30 days you can actually see the skyline and mountains because it’s always grey and rainy
Just curious are you Canadian? I go there a good a mount and always found the people to be pretty nice for a city(nicer then Seattle but not as nice as say Portland). Most Canadians don't like it though and I get it, just outside of VAN people are way nicer, like golden retriever nice and just about all CA cities are clean. Comparing it to US cities though, it is clean and the people are nice and the weather is better than I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong it is gray in the winter but the summers are awesome and one thing I learned in California is if you have beautiful winters you have fire-y summers. People that grew up in the PNW want to live in Arizona until they move there...

Reactions: egelband

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I cant imagine a major western hemisphere city ruder than NYC
Honestly, might be the friendliest city I’ve ever been to lmao. Loud Italians who treat you like family and tell you their life story upon meeting you, whenever I’m in NYC I feel this higher sense of confidence from the infectious energy
Customer service is WAY better in NYC, in Vancouver they literally mess up your order every single time you go out to eat

Reactions: Konamic Ice Hockey

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
ERBros9WsAADkYy

Kaapo looks like he wanted to be home having soup 3 hours ago. Ruff looking at the camera how I look at Ruff. Lindgren should have worn a monocle on the bruised eye. Skjei looks photoshopped in with the best picture they found of him.

Hank looking nice and tan for this time of year. Staal hanging back as usual. Spicoli smiling and Lindgren likely on pain killers lol

Reactions: EEL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad