Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXX: Cue Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm just concerned this board is trying to create more of an idea of excessive demand that what is reasonably out there. We know STL and bos are major players for krieder. Beyond that we are hoping there are more but until we know let's be reasonable. Sometimes all you need are two teams battling for one player.
i agree. i am pretty sure there's a hard cap on how 'great' the return for kreider could be. a low first and a decent prospect? yes, i think so. but i think that's the max. maybe some extra lower-value parts additionally...an extra mid-round pick and an extra 'specialty' prospect/project. but the ceiling of the deal it that low-first-and-b-level-prospect.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
ERBros9WsAADkYy

Kaapo looks like he wanted to be home having soup 3 hours ago. Ruff looking at the camera how I look at Ruff. Lindgren should have worn a monocle on the bruised eye. Skjei looks photoshopped in with the best picture they found of him.

Kreider should donate part of his neck to Barry Trotz.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Went to College up there. Have to say, did not have an experience like this at all. People were much friendlier than in NY. Much cleaner than NYC. Less touristy. People seemed way more polite. I love NY but I also really like Boston. This coming from a diehard Yankees fan.
i think most people have pleasant-to-great opinions of their college town. like me with Montreal. i admit i might like it less as a job seeker or father or tax payer or pro athlete, for examples :)

Reactions: RGY and JCProdigy

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
haha! have you been waiting to drop that line? be honest...!

Nah, I just noticed how long Kreider's neck looks when not in uniform, and Trotz clearly has no neck.

Someone with better skills than me should post a pick of them side by side.

Reactions: egelband

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If we have a Brooks-Hank lockerroom moment like the Brooks-Boyle one, I think I'm going to need counseling.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
No bueno. I hate injuries. I hope it’s not serious. Even though I don’t like the Avalanche at all. Injury is not the way I like it to go.

Was just reading 'Lanche board and apparently Rantanen is out for "weeks".

There was already speculation that Colorado was interested in Kreider but one would think with this unfortuante news about Rantanen combined with Kadri out for extended amounts of time, their interest in Kreider has increased tenfold.

I'm putting my chips in the middle that Sakic comes to Gorton and asks him besides a #1 pick what else do you need. You gotta figure JG is going to say we need a better extra piece than Jost...here's to hoping!

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Rangers can definitely be the Avs one stop shop for all their needs... if they pay up.

Knowing Sakic’s history, however, wondering if this doesn’t make him go the other way, and take all his existing offers off the table and decide to wait until next year...
That’s my first reaction too. Sakic has made “the accumulating phase” an art form. Or at least that’s his reputation. He must be a real hoot, this guy. Like a rollercoaster that just keeps going up slowly but no payoff.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Rangers can definitely be the Avs one stop shop for all their needs... if they pay up.

Knowing Sakic’s history, however, wondering if this doesn’t make him go the other way, and take all his existing offers off the table and decide to wait until next year...

You could be right as Avs board is scared shit that Sakic might be tempted to add a Newhook to any deal and maybe plug two or three holes they have in one shot deal if they decided they still are going to go for it.

It's a tough call no doubt and one can argue it either way. If it were me, the West looks very winnable for the Avs if they got a Kreider and if they got Grubauer, Rantanen and Kadri back in time for the playoffs which they should.

If I'm Sakic, I don't wait till next year with the Blues showing some vulnerability and the offensively starved Stars being your likely other biggest obstacle.

Going to be quite the fascinating trade deadline and we are going to be right smack dab in the mix and might determine who wins the Cup this year as Kreider is going to be quite the nice piece to add for some team for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad