Brady Skjei

those would be my availables this week.

Buchnevich if I get a really good offer. Otherwise I’d wait till the summer

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Avs have lost Kadri, Grubauer, and Rantanen.

Do they keep trucking along in a tight West and add at the deadline? Or do they stand pat and let the chips fall where they may?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I hope we hold Kreider out tomorrow. While I agree most things leading up to this TDL have seemed to go well for the team w the most coveted asset... I can easily see that all come crashing down around us in one game.

This team isn't making the playoffs. Florida won last night. Columbus plays Philly tonight so at least one of those teams is gaining 2 more points tonight which means one of them will be passing the Islanders for 3rd in the Metro.

Buffalo plays the Sens and the Habs play the Wings. It's possible both of those teams by nights end tie the Rangers in points, granted the Rangers will have games in hand.

I'd keep Kreider and Fast out at the very least.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
if Sakic doesn’t want to trade anybody then let him ride out his career until he moves on without a Cup. I don’t see trying and trying to pry something away when there are easier and more willing targets. Sakic

Sakic is like Yzerman IMO. Smart and patient yet the Rangers usually overpay with these types historically IMO.
I think Gorton's MO is basically, if I want something, I'm going to get it. Tell me what the price is, I don't care because that's the player I want.

With these guys it's basically stuffing these prospects underneath a mattress while their Stanley Cup hopes dwindle by the day. Even when they had Grubauer, they didn't have the goaltending to win it all.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Avs have lost Kadri, Grubauer, and Rantanen.

Do they keep trucking along in a tight West and add at the deadline? Or do they stand pat and let the chips fall where they may?

I wouldn’t think they would be okay with falling out of the playoff race.

but even if that eliminates them as a suitor for Kreider there will still be plenty of interest from other teams.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I think Gorton's MO is basically, if I want something, I'm going to get it. Tell me what the price is, I don't care because that's the player I want.

not sure about that. Obviously it’s different being the seller than buyer (rebuild). Personally, I think he runs out of time and settles. He didn’t have to make that deal with Tampa. He could have traded McD and Miller at the draft or offseason. He couldn’t wait and settled for less than I thought he would.

Most of these Rangers deadline trades happen the afternoon of the deadline or right when the clock hits the final min.

That’s why I am hoping this Kreider, etc get settled ahead of time. Hoping this doesn’t go down to the wire.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think tomorrow is the last game as a Ranger for Kreider. Playing with fire though - he's worth too much to play if they've already decided to move him. Send a message to the league he is available and dont move him until Monday

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
I think he's worth too much now to play...

This trade deadline is beyond important for the team. Can't afford to risk it.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Sakic would probably open up his bank for a multi-player trade to address these holes, so long as the return doesn't include newhook and byram. He would probably say pick any 3 or 4 assets outside of those 2 and we are gold.

If I'm St. Louis though, I finalize a trade for Kreider today. It sucks that the perfect storm of demand is forming but you can put a nail in the avs' coffin, find an answer to your own scoring woes and possibly get your team back on track. The blues are the one place I think we can get the A level prospect (not on the big club) in a trade.
I want Kostin. Rangers can use a big body to replace Kreider, Kostin also has a mean streak in his game and chemistry with Kravtsov can't hurt. if Kostin is not part of the Blues trade for Kreider I will be shocked.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I wouldn’t think they would be okay with falling out of the playoff race.

but even if that eliminates them as a suitor for Kreider there will still be plenty of interest from other teams.

i think St Louis and Boston are the two really wanting him. Hoping another team emerges , sweeps in to surprise us and takes him.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
not sure about that. Obviously it’s different being the seller than buyer (rebuild). Personally, I think he runs out of time and settles. He didn’t have to make that deal with Tampa. He could have traded McD and Miller at the draft or offseason. He couldn’t wait and settled for less than I thought he would.

Most of these Rangers deadline trades happen the afternoon of the deadline or right when the clock hits the final min.

That’s why I am hoping this Kreider, etc get settled ahead of time. Hoping this doesn’t go down to the wire.
Well with the McD trade, it was reported that they specifically targeted Libor Hajek and wouldn't do the trade without him involved. Then you got Fox, who he could have had this summer for free, but instead traded 2 2nd's for him.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
The following would have been unfathomable just weeks ago...

IMO, better chance we see Henrik to Colorado, than Georgiev elsewhere.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Well with the McD trade, it was reported that they specifically targeted Libor Hajek and wouldn't do the trade without him involved. Then you got Fox, who he could have had this summer for free, but instead traded 2 2nd's for him.

Sergachev I believe was the original target.

Fox is whole different story. That’s the unique card the Rangers have to play when the Fox, Hayes and Vessey types want to be Rangers. But yeah, why the higher price? He’s worth it but I guess there is some unwritten rule about stealing lol

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If Francouz can carry the load until Grubauer returns, the Avs have enough talent to still make the playoffs. I don't see them making some sort of panic trade to fill holes that won't exist in a couple days or weeks. Sakic has been stingy as hell to this point and I can't imagine that changing because of some bad luck.

It might incentivize them to pursue Kreider a little harder, but I still don't see Hank as an option.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Henrik isn’t going anywhere in the next week FYI

There’s almost no chance he gets traded before the deadline

They’re going to ride this 3 goalie thing into the ground, I’m sure of it

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The following would have been unfathomable just weeks ago...

IMO, better chance we see Henrik to Colorado, than Georgiev elsewhere.

I wonder if we get a 3rd team involved to bring the cap hit down even further. Maybe a team like Montreal or LA would be willing to take 1/4 of Hank's contract.

Something like a 3rd in 2020 to LA that becomes a 2nd if Colorado makes it to the finals, and a 3rd in 2021 to the Rangers. We retain 50% and LA retains 50% of the remainder. Colorado is left with a 2.125 mil cap hit.

I actually don't even care if we getting anything back for him, other than the cap space, provided it's what Hank wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad