Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXX: Cue Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Went to College up there. Have to say, did not have an experience like this at all. People were much friendlier than in NY. Much cleaner than NYC. Less touristy. People seemed way more polite. I love NY but I also really like Boston. This coming from a diehard Yankees fan.

Totally agreed on the Boston thing. It’s one of the handful of places I’ve spent significant time in that I could easily see myself residing in. Beautiful city and fun/nice people.

I love Nashville as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: RGY

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
idk, if you retain half you’re at $4.25 million next year.

buy him out at you are $2.805 for two each of the next 2 years

I guess that’s worth the picks but not much cash savings

The buy out for Lundqvist comes with the following cap hits:

2020-21: 5.5m
2021-22: 1.5m

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I mean, has this ever happened? Kreider is a smart dude and kind of odd, maybe he’d be cool with doing the team a solid, but I feel like it’s a bigger solid than people realize. You’re asking him to temporarily move, fit in with a new team with new people, and then compete during the grind of the playoffs (which he won’t get paid for,) just to get the team a draft pick.

Yes it has. Keith Tkachuk did it twice I think with the Blues

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yes it has. Keith Tkachuk did it twice I think with the Blues

Doug Weight did it twice, Keith Tkachuk only once

I mean, has this ever happened? Kreider is a smart dude and kind of odd, maybe he’d be cool with doing the team a solid, but I feel like it’s a bigger solid than people realize. You’re asking him to temporarily move, fit in with a new team with new people, and then compete during the grind of the playoffs (which he won’t get paid for,) just to get the team a draft pick.

Antoine Vermette in 2015 (won a Cup)
Doug Weight in 2006 (won a Cup) and 2008
Keith Tkachuk in 2007

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If Sakic won’t trade Newhook what about trying to pry away Makar instead? He’s slowed down considerably after his hot start (remember how oscar lindberg was the next big thing after his start?). They’re down a 1W 2C 3W and a G possibly all long term. We can fill all those roles for them with Kreider Strome Fast and Georgiev. Makar would also give us more flexibility for a potential DeAngelo trade in the offseason since they play a similar role so we could use him to get a legit 2C.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If Sakic won’t trade Newhook what about trying to pry away Makar instead? He’s slowed down considerably after his hot start (remember how oscar lindberg was the next big thing after his start?). They’re down a 1W 2C 3W and a G possibly all long term. We can fill all those roles for them with Kreider Strome Fast and Georgiev. Makar would also give us more flexibility for a potential DeAngelo trade in the offseason since they play a similar role so we could use him to get a legit 2C.
Derek Stepan is struggling a lot lately in Arizona, but I think someone like him would flourish as 2C in New York.

Might cost a little bit to get him out of there though. Maybe....DeAngelo + Lias?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Tony D needs to stop looking himself up on twitter

Hopefully he doesn’t post here because otherwise he’ll come after me assuredly
Yeah. I agree. I mean, I don’t disagree with him and I like his willingness to mix it up. But also, there’s really no benefit for him. If I were advising him, I’d suggest limiting my Twitter-ing to one per day. Or something like that. Engagement is good. But it gets into ‘diminishing returns’ territory pretty quick.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Derek Stepan is struggling a lot lately in Arizona, but I think someone like him would flourish as 2C in New York.

Might cost a little bit to get him out of there though. Maybe....DeAngelo + Lias?

I think we'd need someone to replace Lundqvist long-term. Can they throw in Raanta?

Reactions: Irishguy42

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Sakic would probably open up his bank for a multi-player trade to address these holes, so long as the return doesn't include newhook and byram. He would probably say pick any 3 or 4 assets outside of those 2 and we are gold.

If I'm St. Louis though, I finalize a trade for Kreider today. It sucks that the perfect storm of demand is forming but you can put a nail in the avs' coffin, find an answer to your own scoring woes and possibly get your team back on track. The blues are the one place I think we can get the A level prospect (not on the big club) in a trade.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Totally agreed on the Boston thing. It’s one of the handful of places I’ve spent significant time in that I could easily see myself residing in. Beautiful city and fun/nice people.

I love Nashville as well...
There was a stretch of a few months after i came home from college i considered moving up to Boston lol.

Been to Nashville a couple times. Absolutely love it there.

Reactions: NYR Viper

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I'm shocked the Islanders didnt trade for Tofolli. Another missed player to get them scoring. I'm happy as a Rangers fan. They're so overrated. Rangers will be better than them in between 2-4 years if not sooner.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I really do hope we sign Tony long term.

dynamic personality, offensive force, will hit, will fight yet he is so/so defensively. Like him a lot. Sometimes I wonder if he should be a forward with that wrist shot.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
The Rangers have literally EVERYTHING the Av's need.
The Av's have literally the exact prospects we need.
Let's make it happen Joe. Do the right thing for your fans and your team.
Georgiev/Lundqvist, Skjei, Strome, Kreider, Buch - make yourself a nice package and send us some fried gold.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
If Sakic won’t trade Newhook what about trying to pry away Makar instead?

if Sakic doesn’t want to trade anybody then let him ride out his career until he moves on without a Cup. I don’t see trying and trying to pry something away when there are easier and more willing targets.

Sakic is like Yzerman IMO. Smart and patient yet the Rangers usually overpay with these types historically IMO.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Went to College up there. Have to say, did not have an experience like this at all. People were much friendlier than in NY. Much cleaner than NYC. Less touristy. People seemed way more polite. I love NY but I also really like Boston. This coming from a diehard Yankees fan.

we’ve been here 8 or 9 months now and we love it. It is spotlessly clean compared to NYC where I lived for 16 years. Although people cannot drive here they are extremely rude on the road but nice in person.

having spent the weekend in NYC first time back since we left I miss the energy for sure. I don’t miss the filth but I miss the energy. Boston is half asleep compared to NYC

Reactions: RGY

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Having grown up in NYC and lived in Boston for a while: in NY its more indifference, if you were lying in the street needing assistance people would step over you to get where they were going. In Boston they would step over you, but they might also kick you and take your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->