Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Ducks don’t like Russians
cut.jpg

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
And...it better be a forward that has been cloned from Ryan Getzlaf . That is the type of forward this club needs and does not have yet . Those are the kind of guys that win Cups and unless you draft one...you will pay up to obtain one . Identify that type pf guy...even one that is 80% of the clone LOL....and it would be an awesome addition . I hedge though on trading Tony for a couple of seasons . I would love to see what he can do as this club gets better and he gets better .

DeAngelo doesnt get you a 20 year old Getzlaf, would be like trying to get Aho from Carolina for him.

Reactions: haveandare

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
yikes, respectfully I am not a fan either at the deadline

A proven Pavel B in the Conference for an unproven 148lb winger?
A proven Fast to a Division rival for a 3rd Round pick not even for 2020 but for 2021?

holding out for something better or keeping the players

This should never be part of why a trade shouldn't be made. Go with the best package, or you end up like Ottawa with Hoffman

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Strome and Fast can stick around and we get a winger to play in one of the Kreider/Geo trades.

We are already short 2 top 6 forwards and have an abundance of RD that will play at entry level money. I also doubt a team trading for Kreider is giving us a younger top 6 forward back for him.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wonder what a guy like Athanasiou gets traded for in the offseason. He is having an okay year. His last co tract negotiation wasn’t great. If Gorton could, say, trade Fast for a 2nd + prospect and then in the offseason trade a 2nd + prospect for Athanasiou that would be a solid move. I don’t see AA returning more than that after his down year. He’d look good in a depth role and provide some speed on the wing.

Minmonster

May 13, 2018
Of course he has half his career points this season, it’s his full 2nd season in the league and he broke out incredibly. A 6 million contract for a 60+ point defenseman who can actually play somewhat ok defense at 24 years old is a great deal. Why, because there are only a handful of them in the entire league.
I'd at least like to see deangelos ceiling before even considering trading him. There's no reason to trade him now.

Reactions: leetch99

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I still don't understand the fascination some people have with trading DeAngelo.

No the Salary isn't going to be enough to make it happen. They can fit him in as long as they aren't stupid and/or aren't afraid to find away to clear space by axing/demoting dead weight.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
We are already short 2 top 6 forwards and have an abundance of RD that will play at entry level money. I also doubt a team trading for Kreider is giving us a younger top 6 forward back for him.
It's ok. We have Kravstov coming up in a year, we aren't winning the cup this season anyway, no harm in another top 6-7 pick.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Brooks has his warts, but he's the local guy that breaks Rangers news. He's not a great writer, and doesn't appear to have an editor, but he does a good job of delineating his writing between what he's hearing and what he is guessing/advocating for.

We are really fortunate to have Brooks around.

I’ll get pissed at him like everyone else, but imagine the coverage this team would have had the last 1.5 decades without him.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Because he says offensive things so they don't like him. TRADE HIM HE OFFENDED ME!

Has nothing to do with anything like that, for me it's about building a team, using your strengths to trade for weaknesses and being smart with your cap space. If we had 6 top 6 RW and no RD I'd trade one to get one. We arent trading Trouba or Fox, deangelo is gonna get paid, I dont see him as a guy who leaves money on the table so for me it's about saving 6+ mill in cap space, playing a younger dman like Keane or Lundqvist on an entry level deal and using Fox in place of DeAngelo on the pp. If they can sign tony for 4 mill I'm all over it, I dont see that happening, so get some assets while his value is likely the highest it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad