Speculation: Roster building thread XXIV:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Mika was never able to drive his own line until NY, Chytil does it with a rookie and a sophomore. He doesn’t put up big numbers (yet) but those will start coming with the way he’s playing
He shows glimpses but a line driver does get results, like you said he hasn’t had much luck with that (yet) but until he does i’m hesitant to call him a line driver. Just like Mika wasnt at 20.

Reactions: haveandare

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Chris Kreider, Rangers not negotiating contract as trade deadline looms - Sportsnet.ca
ST. LOUIS – The New York Rangers and Chris Kreider are not negotiating a contract extension, the forward says.

With only a month to go before the NHL’s trade deadline, the Rangers sliding down the standings, and Kreider an impending unrestricted free agent with high value on the rental market, the lack of negotiations is significant.

Kreider’s contract carries a $4.625-million cap hit but $4 million in actual salary this season. His deal includes a modified no-trade clause that allows him to nix a deal to 11 teams.
Kreider maintains that swirling trade rumours and the uncertainty of his future with the club that drafted him back in 2009 hasn’t affected him this season.
Still, the Rangers (23-21-4) dropped two games before the break and sit 11 points out of a wild-card spot.

Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman has named the Colorado Avalanche, Boston Bruins, St. Louis Blues and Pittsburgh Penguins among the clubs interested in Kreider should he be made available.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Someone mentioned Greenway the other day. From Brooks tonight:

Jordan Greenway has been toiling on the fourth line in Minnesota, and you had better believe the Rangers will be inquiring what it would take to acquire the 22-year-old, 6-foot-6 winger who thrived playing for David Quinn at Boston University.

Greenway has been mentioned here a lot because of his connections with Quinn. He would fit what the Rangers need. A big forward. North and south player.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Greenway has been mentioned here a lot because of his connections with Quinn. He would fit what the Rangers need. A big forward. North and south player.

Georgiev could fit in MN. Would they be interested in Buchnevich

Donato and Greenway?

Not sure on each players current values

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Georgiev could fit in MN. Would they be interested in Buchnevich

Donato and Greenway?

Not sure on each players current values

When I am looking at Minny’s roster the center depth chart really jumps out at you.

Kouivo and Staal are beyond done and they are the types who really benefit from Bordeu hockey. JEE isn’t a center and I’ve never been a fan of Vic Rask. Always been a bit of a fools gold type for me.

On the wing they will have Zucc, Parise and next year Kaprizov who is seen as their savior.

Ive liked them as a landing spot for Ryan Strome. But maybe we are keeping Strome.

They are dangling Brodin and Dumba. Maybe they wouldn’t mind a young cheap replacement. I am all for dealing one of the LDs, ie one of Lindgren, Hajak and Rykov. I’ve seen HFD twice this weekend. In the NHL the devil is kind of in the detail, you are pressured so hard, mentally and physically, but like Rykov isn’t far from Skjei taking a step back and looking roughly at what they bring.

Joey Keane?

I am all for dealing Nils Lundkvist, but not straight up for Greenway. If Lundkvist is dealt right now it should be as that “gem” that gets you a player that otherwise aren’t moved. JMHO.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
When I am looking at Minny’s roster the center depth chart really jumps out at you.

Kouivo and Staal are beyond done and they are the types who really benefit from Bordeu hockey. JEE isn’t a center and I’ve never been a fan of Vic Rask. Always been a bit of a fools gold type for me.

On the wing they will have Zucc, Parise and next year Kaprizov who is seen as their savior.

Ive liked them as a landing spot for Ryan Strome. But maybe we are keeping Strome.

They are dangling Brodin and Dumba. Maybe they wouldn’t mind a young cheap replacement. I am all for dealing one of the LDs, ie one of Lindgren, Hajak and Rykov. I’ve seen HFD twice this weekend. In the NHL the devil is kind of in the detail, you are pressured so hard, mentally and physically, but like Rykov isn’t far from Skjei taking a step back and looking roughly at what they bring.

Joey Keane?

I am all for dealing Nils Lundkvist, but not straight up for Greenway. If Lundkvist is dealt right now it should be as that “gem” that gets you a player that otherwise aren’t moved. JMHO.

MN may want Andersson since Koivu Likely retires and Staal has 1 yr left

Ek is a young C for them but they could use more ?

No way I deal Lundqvist or Miller ... keep all the current RD.. maybe move one to LD and try Keane .. he’s kinda blocked now

Reactions: Ola

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010

In all honesty.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Kreider isn't the one determined to go UFA.
Maybe both partys are side eying each other and keeping it respectful and have no interest in a NY extension.
Kreider has always had an air about him. Professional, pragmatic, determined. He's been underpaid the last few seasons and he knows NY is pinching pennies, has pinched pennies with previous homegrowns, and although broke the bank with Panarin they, didn't budge off a specific number.

Maybe, in the end, the man wants to get paid while having no attachment to NY and in that demeanor of his, knows at least one attractive city will throw bank at him and life goes on.

Like, I could see him being a high profile CPA, Lawyer, or Broker if he wasn't a Pro Hockey Player.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I wonder what the chances are that Kreider becomes a winger on Barzal line next season ? Isles are hunting for talent . Where better to find it then crosstown ? Kreider stays in NY , gets his payday....and on a decent hockey club .

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
INSIDER TRADING: Ducks GM Bob Murray wants to be busy before trade deadline

The New York Rangers have a deadline decision looming on Chris Kreider, who has 17 goals and 32 points in 48 games. He’s making $4.525 million in the final year of his contract, and GM Jeff Gorton has to determine if he’s going to move the winger or sign him to an extension. The word is the Rangers are playing both sides of the fence with Kreider and aren’t sure which way to go. He told reporters in St. Louis on Thursday the two sides aren’t having any contract discussions, but maybe that’s because the organization hasn’t made a final decision. There are a lot of teams looking for help up front and the belief is the Boston Bruins would make a hard push for Kreider if the decision is made to deal him. Teams believe this will be a last-minute deal because Gorton isn’t in a hurry. … The Bruins aren’t the only team looking for scoring help; the Calgary Flames, Arizona Coyotes and St. Louis Blues would all like to add forward depth before the post-season.

Reactions: egelband and jas

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I don't think Pittsburgh even has the capital to get Kreider.

He ends up in St Louis or Colorado.

I reeeeeeally hope so.

I'm already scarred for life for Hags winning in Pitt... watching Kreids do it would be monumentally worse to watch.

I don't know if I was posting here then, but RIGHT AFTER - like, the week after - I was coming up the stairs at the second avenue F train station, beautiful summer day. A young woman runs, cuts up in front of me on the stairs. Her back now in front of me, and it was a FRESH Pit championship tee, SIGNED BY THE ENTIRE F*CKING SQUAD. Dead in front of me, Hags' fresh championship signature.

A little deadline time useless, real, pretty OT story for my boys here as I'm getting pretty bummed that there's no way Kreids stays and he'll probably win a cup.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
INSIDER TRADING: Ducks GM Bob Murray wants to be busy before trade deadline

The New York Rangers have a deadline decision looming on Chris Kreider, who has 17 goals and 32 points in 48 games. He’s making $4.525 million in the final year of his contract, and GM Jeff Gorton has to determine if he’s going to move the winger or sign him to an extension. The word is the Rangers are playing both sides of the fence with Kreider and aren’t sure which way to go. He told reporters in St. Louis on Thursday the two sides aren’t having any contract discussions, but maybe that’s because the organization hasn’t made a final decision. There are a lot of teams looking for help up front and the belief is the Boston Bruins would make a hard push for Kreider if the decision is made to deal him. Teams believe this will be a last-minute deal because Gorton isn’t in a hurry. … The Bruins aren’t the only team looking for scoring help; the Calgary Flames, Arizona Coyotes and St. Louis Blues would all like to add forward depth before the post-season.

Strange that this article makes it seem as though the value of offers fielded for Kreider has no implication for whether or not management trades him.

Chris's contract ask, and the offers the team gets, should both weigh into the decision. So the idea that NYR haven't made up their minds, combined with their not having discussed terms with Chris, makes me lean towards "This is bullshit speculation"

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
I think arizona would be interesting, seeing as we have history, but i dont really want anyone they have currently. Id go with the blues, avalanche and maybe even calgary. But we need forward prospects, the blues and avalanche are the ones id be negotiating with and if sakic from the avs wont be such a priss, he will give us alex newhook or kaut.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I think arizona would be interesting, seeing as we have history, but i dont really want anyone they have currently. Id go with the blues, avalanche and maybe even calgary. But we need forward prospects, the blues and avalanche are the ones id be negotiating with and if sakic from the avs wont be such a priss, he will give us alex newhook or kaut.
The only way Arizona could trade for Kreider is with matching salary going out. They are tapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad