Speculation: Roster building thread XXIV:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I just think the only thing about Jost that moves the needle for most people is his draft position. Tell me something about his game that you like? He’s undersized, not physical, not particularly good defensively and he’s been unable to find his scoring despite opportunities to play with lots of different high end guys. Compher is out producing him and he’s considered more of a shutdown/energy guy. It’s not that I don’t like Jost or think he has some upside that he may find with a change of scenery, but if he’d been drafted 25-35 instead of at 10 would anyone really be interested in him as the main piece for Kreider? I’d rather a guy like Gauthier and a 2nd than Jost and a late 1st. That late 1st is gonna be 3+ years from helping us. A guy like Gauthier would almost undoubtedly help us either immediately after being acquired or next season and forward.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I looked at the Phantoms roster and I don't recognize a single name aside from Frost and Bigras

Most of the Flyers prospects that are interesting to me are either in the NHL, or not signed yet

Reactions: egelband

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
But when they do become full-out sellers at some point in the second half of the season, big Rangers winger Chris Kreider will be the Bruins top option for a top-6 winger at the trade deadline, according to multiple hockey sources. It isn’t even a certainty that the Rangers will decide to part with a player that’s been a core member of their group since they selected him 19th overall in the 2009 NHL Draft, but it’s hard to imagine they would keep him given their status as a rebuilding franchise.

The Rangers know the Bruins very well from the Nash trade two years ago.

#1st round pick and what else?

Frederic? Bjork? Studnicka?

The Rangers can get a better deal from the Avs.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nothing really that new. Leafs sniffing around Georgiev. Rangers scouting the Avs. Some comments about the Rangers scouting the Phantoms (Philly AHL).

If we deal with Philly I hope they throw in Greg Carey. Been watching him for ten years and he has one of the best shots I've ever seen. Put him on the right boards on PP2 and let him just fire away.

As others have mentioned- a Fast to Philly deal makes a lot of sense.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I looked at the Phantoms roster and I don't recognize a single name aside from Frost and Bigras

Most of the Flyers prospects that are interesting to me are either in the NHL, or not signed yet

The Russian kid. German Rubstov. Former #1 pick from 2016. Isaac Ratcliffe. Those are the other NHL prospects besides Frost.

The Rangers liked Jay O'Brien in 2018. The Flyers took him at #19. His career has gone backwards the last two years.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Do teams really scout each other anymore to look at their systems? Every game is on TV somewhere. There is video available everywhere. The Rangers sent a pro scout to LV to send a scouting report to Knoblauch?
It’s possible they wanted a specific report on how to handle a particular player, i dont know.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Every year we make at least one AAAA trade, i think this year it’ll be Lettieri. Dude is tearing it up in Hartford but just simply never put it together with the big team. If i get to guess I’d think he gets moved unless we decide to keep him for the playoff run down in the AHL.

Reactions: egelband

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

I saw that game. Luke Kunin scored two big goals. He is starting to find his game in the NHL. We discussed him in 2016 & 2017 when the Rangers were looking to trade Stepan. The Wild were more interested in Stepan in 16 than 17. Joel Eriksson-Ek? He set up Kunin for a SHG. Jordan Greenway? Former BU player. He would fit the Rangers. Ryan Donato stinks.

Is Lias Andersson a fit there?

Guerin inherited 3 NMC's in Parise, Sutter and Zuccarello. Geurin gave Spurgeon a NMC. Good luck with the expansion draft.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

The Rangers know the Bruins very well from the Nash trade two years ago.

#1st round pick and what else?

Frederic? Bjork? Studnicka?

The Rangers can get a better deal from the Avs.

Can they? Sakic is a known tight-ass and we have done well in dealings with Boston in the past. Who is Sakic going to give up that will be better than the players you mentioned?

Maybe the Colorado 1st will end up being better, but I wouldn't count on that.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Can they? Sakic is a known tight-ass and we have done well in dealings with Boston in the past. Who is Sakic going to give up that will be better than the players you mentioned?

I honestly think Boston's 1st would end up being better. Call me crazy, but I'm not super impressed by the Bruins' depth up front other than their top line, even though they are the best line in hockey.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I could see us trading him to the Bruins because he’d sign there long term. We’d probably get more from them because of it.

maybe an additional pick conditioned on resigning.

from Boston I’d want a first and Beecher or a first Studnicka plus a conditional 2nd in 2021 on resigning.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I honestly think Boston's 1st would end up being better. Call me crazy, but I'm not super impressed by the Bruins' depth up front other than their top line, even though they are the best line in hockey.

Yeah, and outside of the Blues, the path to the cup in the west is easier.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

You aren't wrong on Sakic but, to the best of my recollection, that has only applied when he has had the most leverage (such as the Duchene deal). He doesn't have a ton of leverage in this scenario as he won't be the only GM interested in Kreider and it is a time sensitive move. He doesn't have the luxury of sitting in the press box until a desperate GM calls him and makes a stupid deal.

Last edited:

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Kreider is from Massachusetts, I am guessing he grew up a Bruins fan. If he gets traded there I think there is a very good chance he gets re-signed. Rangers should definitely look for a conditional pick if he is traded there.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I could see us trading him to the Bruins because he’d sign there long term. We’d probably get more from them because of it.

maybe an additional pick conditioned on resigning.

from Boston I’d want a first and Beecher or a first Studnicka plus a conditional 2nd in 2021 on resigning.

that threat should heighten the Maple Leafs awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad