Speculation: Roster building thread XXIV:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
MN may want Andersson since Koivu Likely retires and Staal has 1 yr left

Ek is a young C for them but they could use more ?

No way I deal Lundqvist or Miller ... keep all the current RD.. maybe move one to LD and try Keane .. he’s kinda blocked now

Minnesota isn't moving greenway a young player who has been getting better . If they do, it will be for another young c but not for a player like lias who isn't good.

Reactions: haveandare

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think Pittsburgh even has the capital to get Kreider.

He ends up in St Louis or Colorado.

Agreed. Only prospects I'd consider from Pitt would be Hallander and Legare and they would still have to add to either one on top of the 2020 1st rounder.
I gotta go with Kreider to Boston for a 1st, Heinen and Frederic although I'd be curious to know what it would take to get Beecher.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I wonder what a guy like Athanasiou gets traded for in the offseason. He is having an okay year. His last co tract negotiation wasn’t great. If Gorton could, say, trade Fast for a 2nd + prospect and then in the offseason trade a 2nd + prospect for Athanasiou that would be a solid move. I don’t see AA returning more than that after his down year. He’d look good in a depth role and provide some speed on the wing.

I’d be in favor in going after AA as well. He’d replace Kreider’s speed element at a cheaper cost and shouldn’t take a lot of assets to trade away. That contract would be fine for either 2LW or 3LW behind Panarin.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I’d be in favor in going after AA as well. He’d replace Kreider’s speed element at a cheaper cost and shouldn’t take a lot of assets to trade away. That contract would be fine for either 2LW or 3LW behind Panarin.
What would have been more interesting is if they kept Kreider around, moved out Buch, and replaced him with AA. A ton of speed in the lineup. AA is no slouch. He goes to the net as well and is not timid about it. Would be a tough task for any team. One less perimeter player in Buch, one more north-south player as DQ prefers.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What would have been more interesting is if they kept Kreider around, moved out Buch, and replaced him with AA. A ton of speed in the lineup. AA is no slouch. He goes to the net as well and is not timid about it. Would be a tough task for any team. One less perimeter player in Buch, one more north-south player as DQ prefers.
All for it problem is Kreider brings back a ton more than Buch in a trade IMO. Not sure Buch brings back much in a trade. Definitely not as much as CK would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad