Speculation: Roster Building Thread IX (2021 Offseason Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We have to try breaking up Lindgren and Fox at some point. The reward is too high not to. Fox will be fine and if Lindgren keeps up his level of play, that's two top pairs right there instead of one.

If it doesn't work, you can just put them back together.
I don’t agree with this. There isn’t a good reason to split them up and no one else has forced the issue. If it’s not broke don’t fix it that pairing is one of the Rangers biggest strengths at this point.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Even if you move buch, you still have no reason to acquire a top 6. Kratsov looked good in the top 6, and the left side is Panarin and laf.

Yeah but I doubt the Rangers are going to give both Kakko and Kravtsov top six spots right off the bat based one everything we've heard about Dolan wanting playoffs, etc.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Rangers better make a play for suter. League minum for vet 3ld and a great one at that. He would thrive in a lesser role given his age.

Reactions: skipmowerman

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Rangers better make a play for suter. League minum for vet 3ld and a great one at that. He would thrive in a lesser role given his age.
I don't think he'll sign anywhere for league minimum. But around the league, teams are realizing that these old guys have value, and because their contracts are so short-term there's not a lot of risk involved either. Almost every team in the league that's better than us will be looking at Suter for their third pair.

Reactions: bleedblue94

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
I like Chytil too, but Detroit just isn’t gonna let their best asset go for free. We’re gonna have to pay something to get him. Maybe Buch makes more sense considering the two contract situations?

Buch makes a ton of sense, then we move Strome to RW where his defensive difficiences matter less.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Wudafuk, they bought out Ryan Suter? Not questioning the decision by Minny, but I agree that we should be in on him for sure.

Was even looking at how bad his contract really was pretty recently.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Suter is still going to make 3-4 on his next contract.

Also trading Buch makes sense if you replace him with a player who is different than Buch while still being good. Moving Strome to RW doesn't help.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
Suter for whatever he wants, but two years max. We have the cap space. If someone gives him three years or more, they can have him.

But I doubt we'll get him. He'll sign with a contender (or should I say, a team he thinks will be a contender, like Jumbo Joe did).

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Kakko is going into his 3rd year. If he's not in line for a top 6 spot there are problems. If they trade Buch, expect those two to be the top line RWs.

Kakko looked "ready" for a top 6 role last year. The problem was more a quinn problem than a kakko one. Kratsov looked ready as well in his limited opportunities, but again quinn stalled that with blackwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad