Speculation: Roster Building Thread I (2021 Offseason) - And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
He has something this team does not have, passion, grit, skill, heart all in 1 player. Goes to the net for those ugly goals. Too much finesse never works in the playoffs. Who really goes to the net consistently on even strength? Looking for the beautiful play will hurt this team. They did it too many times this past season.

We need to have 1 line that looks to make the finesse plays and that is whatever line Panarin is on.

I would have loved Brady in that draft, I wonder if the Rangers considered trading their first round picks in that draft to move up and get him.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Tkachuk 15 games 3 goals 2 assists

Kreider 80 games 24 goals 39 points..
Mika 15 games 3 goals 11 points as NYR
Buchnevich 8 games 1 assists
Panarin 3 games 1 goal 1 assist

He has more goals than most on this team has in the playoffs, he would be tied with Mika for 2ed in goals in the playoffs.
Panarin 30 games 10 goals 18 assists.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I see plenty of not great under past management.

Even right now, Zbad, they extend him to pretty much what he is looking for, finagle some complicated trade around his clause, or they see him walk. All because they gave him a no movement clause in his last contract year.

Trouba, they traded for him using a 1st and Pionk, when Trouba was basically in the contract situation Buch is right now. Post trade they either signed him to pretty much whatever he wanted or they have to trade his rights for a lesser return than they initially traded for him. And that is leaving the player evaluation out of it.

Could make a much longer list, Shattenkirk, Smith the ultimate value in the trade return for Stepan, Raanta, McD, Miller. Kreider extension. Fast self rent. ADA even trading for him in the first place. There is something about JD/Gorton not thinking out all the outcomes.

To be fair, they had some really good moves too. Original trade for Zbad, Fox, Lindgren, the picks in general including them having picks at all. Last management left them with 3 or 4 straight years of no prospects from the draft. So while it seems as if I am being critical of Gorton, JD, I do think they were handed a tough deal, they made it better, a lot better, yet they also made costly mistakes along the way that would have derailed their plans eventually as well.

To me this change in management is more of a wash, unless Drury goes pretty near perfect this ends up good but not great, yet that was true for JD/Gorton too.

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The problem with sports writing is that it’s impossible to be impartial without ruffling feathers.

you saw it with Kreider response to Zibbys struggles and Dan Boyles anger at Brooks

Reactions: bl02 and Ola

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Good for Schneider . Gonna be a battle w Lundkvist at camp assuming no trade
Schneider is going to be ready to go and hungry. I don’t see how we don’t trade either him or lundkvist by years end. I’m leaning more towards lundkvist because of the size meanness factor. Plus lundkvist would bring a high impact player in return. I don’t see the rangers having 3 D that are 5-10 an under

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I must admit I watched very little of Robertson this year does he have a mean streak like Schneider or more like Miller?

Reactions: egelband

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I doubt they would run with this many rookies but I think pairings of the below would work really well together and complement each other.

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Jones - Schneider

PP: (if they run 2 D)

Miller - Fox
Jones - Trouba or Schneider

PK:

Lindgren - Schneider
Miller - Trouba

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I doubt they would run with this many rookies but I think pairings of the below would work really well together and complement each other.

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Jones - Schneider

PP: (if they run 2 D)

Miller - Fox
Jones - Trouba or Schneider

PK:

Lindgren - Schneider
Miller - Trouba
In all fairness there's only 2 rookies there. Trouba, Fox, Lindgren all have 2+ years and Miller with a year under his belt.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I must admit I watched very little of Robertson this year does he have a mean streak like Schneider or more like Miller?
More then Miller less then Schneider. Robertson certainly doesn’t mind when the game gets physical. I say he adds some weight too. I see him being around 220 in a year or so. He looks bigger then 200 pounds now. He doesn’t go looking for hits like Schneider, but he takes the body when he can. I have no doubt either would let someone be standing on top of shesty after the whistle. Throw lindgren in that group too

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I mean Trouba would have more NHL seasons under his belt then the other 5 combined lol.
Even still, the other two guys would be going into their 3rd NHL seasons. Only two rookies there. But I agree that I'm not sure you'd want to pair two rookie Dmen together on a line.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Even still, the other two guys would be going into their 3rd NHL seasons. Only two rookies there. But I agree that I'm not sure you'd want to pair two rookie Dmen together on a line.

May be something like bring in a vet like Oleksiak for that 3rd pairing.

I can see 2 main trade chips the Rangers use in the next year or so are Lundkvist and Jones due to them being very similar to players the team has already.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Sounds like Brooks really likes Tkachuk. Calgary fans are always posting "Take Monahan" on the trade board but I've never heard them mention the Flames wanting to move Tkachuk.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad