Speculation: Roster Building Thread I (2021 Offseason) - And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I like Miller, he’s gonna be a good defenseman. He gives me serious Marek Malik vibes. Good vision, smart with the puck, not an offensive dynamo, but serviceable, big and strong, but never really physical.

I would not hesitate to trade Marek Malik 2.0 in a package for Tkachuk.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I like Miller, he’s gonna be a good defenseman. He gives me serious Marek Malik vibes. Good vision, smart with the puck, not an offensive dynamo, but serviceable, big and strong, but never really physical.

Malik was slow AF.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Are we in the same div as BUF next year? I thought we were going back to the old divs? Weird that analysts are saying "would the sabres trade Eichel to a div rival?!?!" Like, they're not even contending for a decade.​

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Are we in the same div as BUF next year? I thought we were going back to the old divs? Weird that analysts are saying "would the sabres trade Eichel to a div rival?!?!" Like, they're not even contending for a decade.​

Were they talking about the Rangers?

I hope Buffalo and Boston remain in the Rangers division. They have more of a rivalry with the Rangers than the Blue Jackets or the Hurricanes.

I actually really like the current division alignments

Reactions: Tob

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
There is risk of any young player we trade turning out amazing, just like there's a chance they bust.

Tim Erixon turned out to be a huge bust. So did Brendl. We've been lucky so far.

It doesn't matter if it's K'Andre Miller, Zac Jones, Schneider, or Lundkvist. They all have really high potential upsides. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

...what?

They are nothing alike..

Reactions: Riche16

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
More then Miller less then Schneider. Robertson certainly doesn’t mind when the game gets physical. I say he adds some weight too. I see him being around 220 in a year or so. He looks bigger then 200 pounds now. He doesn’t go looking for hits like Schneider, but he takes the body when he can. I have no doubt either would let someone be standing on top of shesty after the whistle. Throw lindgren in that group too

Would Robertson be compared to Ryan McDonagh, and Schneider compared to Barrett Jackman??

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Would Robertson be compared to Ryan McDonagh, and Schneider compared to Barrett Jackman??
I’d compare Robertson to Staal more then McD. Back when Staal was healthy he was a physical force against Crosby and Ovechkin in the playoffs if you remember. He moves the puck a little better I think, but he’s a positionally sound D who gets physical when needs be. He’s not going to wow you with his offense but moves the puck out of the zone well. Good first pass
I don’t know the best comp for Schneider atm, I haven’t watched him as much as I’ve seen Robertson, but what I do see, I like a lot. He certainly has the nasty of jackman, but he’s way more mobile and I’m not quite sure how much of his offense is going to translate to the NHL. He may have untapped potential in that regard. If Schneider sees you with your head down, he’s coming. I think he’s more predatory in that regard then Robertson, or maybe more aggressive I should say.
Both are big boys gonna be playing at over 6’3 and 215-220 pounds when they mature. I highly doubt either doesn’t protect net front or stand up for teammates.
I’m really excited for both and think each one of them will be a welcome addition to fox, lindgren, Miller and trouba. I know we are going to deal a D but I would hate to lose either frankly. I think If Robertson pans out the way I think he would be an ideal partner for Fox or Lundkvist. That type of D. But I would have no problem putting him next to Schneider either

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
May be something like bring in a vet like Oleksiak for that 3rd pairing.

I can see 2 main trade chips the Rangers use in the next year or so are Lundkvist and Jones due to them being very similar to players the team has already.
That’s the way I see it as well. Of course injures happen too. But we have an impressive array of talent on the blue line for years to come

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Good for Schneider . Gonna be a battle w Lundkvist at camp assuming no trade

Very cool, and of course really just more evidence that this kid is special.

Not to take anything away from his potential, a little time to adjust to the pro game in the AHL could be needed. And to be honest, you never know, the same could be the case for Nils.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Cool story bro...

But yeah... I'm guessing this was during the all star game? If it was said, I'm sure it was talking about Kreider's explosiveness.... Which is simply on another level. But frankly, Kreider's edge work isnt on the same level as many other players.
This is true, Kreids straight away speed is freakishly fast especially for a man his size. His first 3 steps and he’s gone like the wind. Unfortunately I think we’re going to get a huge dose of high end edge work as Hughes matures in nj. Like McDavid it’s a huge part of his game. Guys that can make ankle breaking Nylander turns in a phone both at high speed. Kreider isn’t as graceful but he sure is fast.

I’m so bored working a double shift responding to everyone’s posts lol. Sorry for hogging the thread

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Stole this post from the Blueshirt Banter comment section. Eichel trending in the right direction, Zibanejad not so much.
View attachment 432800
Who makes these things? Who decides with parameters should count? Who does the weighting of all the stats against each other?
Eichel had two gols this year and just said he had a bad year. Still someone thinks he is trending in the right direction?

Reactions: tlk

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
According to Gary Lawless (VGK broadcast tonight), these are names he's heard as filling current/potential coaching vacancies around the league:

o2tL3Fi.png

He said while Quinn hasn't been fired by the Rangers, the rumour mill is hot that something might happen.

They can't even spell Leaman's name :facepalm:

But yeah, those 4 are all disappointing names to see linked to the Rangers. We're f***ed either way.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Who makes these things? Who decides with parameters should count? Who does the weighting of all the stats against each other?
Eichel had two gols this year and just said he had a bad year. Still someone thinks he is trending in the right direction?

It’s a formula based on like 15 years of shots and whether they’ve gone in or not, from those spots on the ice.

Expected Goals (xG) Models Explained

Reactions: ETTER DE

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com

I am sure this was posted earlier today, but the part that stood out to me (towards the end of the clip maybe around the 2:10 mark) Friedman says,

“When it comes to Eichel, New York was a team that made an offer for Eichel last year and from what I understand it was an offer that really made the Sabres think. And ultimately they didn’t do it because they said we’re not ready to do this at this time.”

Question for speculation is what was that offer? Did it include Lafreniere/Kakko? I find it hard to believe it did. And Drury was certainly involved in those talks so he is aware what was offered. If the Sabres seriously considered it last year, does Drury present the same offer, more, or less, knowing Eichel is having health issues with his back/hernia/neck? But bottom line is Friedman was pretty confident in his findings/sources that Buffalo seriously considered making the move. Maybe our Insiders have more to add here. There has been a ton of smoke around this and hearing that an offer was seriously entertained last year, just feels like this is going to happen.

To me, the Rangers have a knack for planting seeds before actually getting a trade done. Test the waters well before anyone else and then gun full throttle when the time comes so I'm not surprised we nearly had him last off season because NYR management seems to love getting gushy with other GMs and greasing the wheels for trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->