Speculation: Roster Building Thread I (2021 Offseason) - And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
A few posters have been doing their offseason wish lists, so I'll throw mine in.

Pavel Buchnevich to Arizona for Christian Dvorak and Christian Fischer.

Mika Zibanejad extended 6 years, 8.5 million per.

Ryan Strome extended 5 years, 5 million.

Jamie Oleksiak signed- 1 year at 5.5 million.

Some package to Nashville for Colton Sissons

Panarin-Dvorak-Strome
Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov
Barron-Sissons-Fischer

Blackwell, Rooney

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Oleksiak-Lundkvist

Bitteto

Reactions: NYR Viper

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
he was very good the first half and struggled the second, that is exactly what happens to almost every first year pro out of college.

jones will most likely go through the same thing next year with a full season of the pro grind versus just stepping in at the end of the season.

thats why i say sign a stopgap for a year or two. A vet. We can use a couple more vets to begin with for leadership.

then u let jones and robertson battle for 3ld. And in a year or two one of them moves into the 2ld spot.

so again, losing miller will not creat ths big hole. We have depth. We have cap space.

its much easier to find a 2nd pairing LD than it is a 1c. If it takes miller to get the 1c that is a no brainer decision.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
what hole. Miller was god awful half the year. You can sign a FA on a 1 or two year deal. Plus Jones could step in. Maybe even robertson.

the hole that would be created is imaginary. The hole is his potential. Not his actual play.

and in all honesty Miller should play next year in the AHL or at least start there so your “hole” still exists.
Thank god.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
thats why i say sign a stopgap for a year or two. A vet. We can use a couple more vets to begin with for leadership.

then u let jones and robertson battle for 3ld. And in a year or two one of them moves into the 2ld spot.

so again, losing miller will not creat ths big hole. We have depth. We have cap space.

its much easier to find a 2nd pairing LD than it is a 1c. If it takes miller to get the 1c that is a no brainer decision.
you should be able to land eichel without miller.

you cant discredit miller and what he is and could be and then suggest he is a key piece for a 1c, that makes no sense.

other than eichel i dont know what 1c you are realistically referencing.

Reactions: NYRangers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->