Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXVIII: Preparing for a huge letdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Just Bc "top free agents" get 6+ years doesn't mean that it's a good move. In fact getting into these types of bidding wars usually come back to bite teams. Just Bc SK is the best d-man on the martet this summer doesn't mean he shouldn't get that type of money. If the NYR offered 4/28, that's a very fair offer. They are willing to pay him 7 million dollar a year. How that's "insulting" is beyond me.

Good moves are relative.

Ok so it's bad value to give a top free agent 6+ years. Well then you never get anyone good. It's fine to overpay someone if it's the right player. You have plenty of underpaid guys to offset it on ELC's

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'd take Hartnell on this team. In a "Hart-beat". Seriously, though. Good player. Hard-nosed and chippy but responsible. He's not out there looking to injure opponents. He always seems to me to be a guy having fun.

Some of us last year were saying we needed some "greasy" type players to help give us some grit seeing we just seemed so soft compared to most teams. The only guy we had who was gritty was Glass and 99% of the time, we didn't want him in the lineup.

Hartnell on the other hand would be a totally different story. He has some skill left him in and he'd be a pain on the ass for the opposition to play against. I really think he'd be a hell of a solid addtiion by JG.

I truly hope we do this and add the ******* Hartnell who tho he's been pretty hated by our fansbase would likely become a fan favorite like an Avery suddenly became when he came to our club. C'mon JG...do us a solid....:)

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
McPhee would probably give Lindberg back to us for like a 2020 5th if they offered it

Guy is terrible at making trades

You know the more I think of it, I don't see any reason at all JG doesn't give McPhee a call and say...."George...I'll give you a 2019 4th rounder for Lindy as you and I both know, you don't need him as much we do". I'd be shocked if Georgie wouldn't take our offer.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Can noon tomorrow get here quick enough?

Something really nuts just came up with me and I know this may sound blasphemous to some including myself and it would be opposite anything I and most of us here want to have occur, but does anyone think it's remotely possible JG doesn't do anything really significant tomorrow at all other than maybe get a back up goalie like a Pavelec and maybe a #4 type center of the ilk of a Brian Boyle type and he calls it a day?

I know believe me, it would be pretty disappointing if this were to occur but this epiphany just occurred to me that maybe just maybe JG likes what he's done so far, wants to keep alot of this salary cap space for future moves down the road and thinks we can be competitive as is as the UFA market this year, if we all want to get honest with ourselves, really isn't all that compelling other than Shattenkirk.

It sounds crazy I know but I think maybe JG might be crazy like a fox by not doing all that much and so I think we should keep this in the back of our minds that a scenario like this where JG doesn't' do squatole for the most part, might be part JG's master plan after all....just sayin!...:popcorn:

Tomorrow is going to be amazing. I truly can't wait and can't get to sleep despite my wife asking me WTF is delaying me from coming to bed....hmmmm.....lol.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Someone posted it earlier...

Finally a top-10 pick... weak draft

Tons cap space... no good UFAs

We have been zigging when we should've been zagging. I'm sick of the Pens winning incessantly.

Time to Costanza this... every instinct has been wrong.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
From what I know his problem is his laziness on the ice and his consistency. Is he fast? Not that I can recall when I seen him. I would not sat he's a PK guy. So no lol.

Would he drag PK unit back anywhere close as bad as Glass did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad