Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Anything over 1m is a bad idea

C'mon...he's going to get over a million....he's not some newbie rookie

Figure he comes here for 2.0 x 3.

I mean his cap hit past 5 years has been 3.9. He has to know he's going to take a pay cut.

Figure we'll cut it in half to 1.75-2.0. I could live with that for him. I was willing to go to 1.75 or so for Nilsson and as much a I like Nilsson, Pavelec is much more proven than Nilsson.

So 2.0 x 3 sounds about right. No way does he even play hockey at 1.0 x 2 or 3.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I could see Pavelec taking 1.5m x 2.

He gets 2 year term, Rangers get 2 year stop gap until Igor, Huska, Halverson, Wall or Nell are ready for the job.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am far from an expert on goalies and usually don't comment much on them, but I just wanted to chip in that someone I trust -- but I don't remember who it was lol -- really praised Pavelec's talent from out of the blue. Supposedly he is just a very very gifted puckstopper. Basically, that if you see him in goalie camps or practice he just impresses the experts a lot. He isn't the flashy fly between the posts type and the rest of us mostly see him break down too often for a bad Winnipeg team. I just remember making a mental note that someone who knew what he was talking about really liked Pavelec, sorry for not remembering who it was or having a link.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kreider Zib Zucc
Miller Thornton Buch
Vesey Hayes Nash
Grabner Bonino Fast

McDonagh Smith
Skjei DeAngelo
Staal Bereglazov

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Terrible move.. Going to overpay the worst goalie in the league..

No centers, no defense, no goalie.. With the first pick in the draft the Rangers select..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad