Line Combos: Roster 2019-2020

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I think Evans and Lehkonen will swap spots. But I would have it as you have it with Evans in the top 9 at wing and Lehkonen on the 4th line.

Watch them finish 2nd to last for the playoffs, ahead of Columbus, Buffalo, and Florida.

Holy batman that is awful

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think Evans and Lehkonen will swap spots. But I would have it as you have it with Evans in the top 9 at wing and Lehkonen on the 4th line.

Watch them finish 2nd to last for the playoffs, ahead of Columbus, Buffalo, and Florida.
Don't we need three more players to hit 23 including Alzner?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#12/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Kovalchuk/Suzuki/Armia
Drouin/Domi/Lehkonen
Cousins/Thompson/Evans
Chiarot/Mete
Kulak/Petry
Scandella/Ouellet
Price/Lindgren

#14/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Kovalchuk/Suzuki/Armia
Drouin/Domi/Lehkonen
Cousins/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Mete
Kulak/Petry
Scandella/Ouellet
Price/Lindgren

#17/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Weal
Drouin/Suzuki/Armia
Lehkonen/Domi/Kovalchuk
Byron/Thompson/Cousins
Chiarot/Weber
Scandella/Petry
Kulak/Mete
Price/Lindgren

#20/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Drouin/Suzuki/Armia
Lehkonen/Domi/Kovalchuk
Byron/Thompson/Cousins
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Ouellet/Folin
Price/Lindgren

#22/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Drouin/Suzuki/Armia
Byron/Domi/Kovalchuk
Lehkonen/Thompson/Cousins
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Alzner/Folin
Price/Lindgren

#24/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Drouin/Suzuki/Armia
Byron/Domi/Kovalchuk
Lehkonen/Weal/Cousins
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Alzner/Folin
Price/Lindgren

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#February2020:

Tatar/Suzuki/Gallagher
Drouin/Domi/Armia
Byron/Danault/Lehkonen
Weal/Evans/Weise

Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Alzner/Folin

Price/Lindgren

Jul 6, 2016
#February2020:

Tatar/Suzuki/Gallagher
Drouin/Domi/Armia
Byron/Danault/Lehkonen
Weal/Evans/Weise

Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Alzner/Folin

Price/Lindgren

Mete is out. Kulak is Petry's partner.

They don't have any extra backups at forwards and on D with the Club right now. I would had kept Thompson and Cousins, and let Evans help his team make the Playoffs at AHL level.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
#February2020:

Tatar/Suzuki/Gallagher
Drouin/Domi/Armia
Byron/Danault/Lehkonen
Weal/Evans/Weise

Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Alzner/Folin

Price/Lindgren
Urgh...man we lack size up front. That said this is likely how I would have it as well. But no way Julien puts baby in a corner. Nobody puts baby in a corner!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
#February2020:

Tatar/Suzuki/Gallagher
Drouin/Domi/Armia
Byron/Danault/Lehkonen
Weal/Evans/Weise

Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Alzner/Folin

Price/Lindgren

Switching Danault to the 3rd line makes it a legit, excellent checking line that could play against the opposition's top lines.

From there, I'd match each of Suzuki and Domi with the Tatar-Gallagher and Drouin-Armia duos based on trial and error. Note: Drouin-Domi-Armia has never worked well.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i'd also try:

Tatar-Suzuki-Armia
Drouin-Domi-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen (against opposition's #1 line)
Weise-Evans-Weal

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Exactly how long do people expect Kotkaniemi to stay in the minors ? Until he's 27 ?

If he has a strong camp, he should 100% be getting the 2C behind Suzuki. Enough with the halfway measures.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Exactly how long do people expect Kotkaniemi to stay in the minors ? Until he's 27 ?

If he has a strong camp, he should 100% be getting the 2C behind Suzuki. Enough with the halfway measures.

what's the rush? He's naturally skinny, suffered two significant injuries this year, and can still improve in the AHL. As long as he's improving in the AHL, what's the rush?

Reactions: the

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
what's the rush? He's naturally skinny, suffered two significant injuries this year, and can still improve in the AHL. As long as he's improving in the AHL, what's the rush?
The rush ? He's going to be 20, if he is to make it as an impact player he needs to start playing right now.

A few months in the AHL and a good off-season of training should see him be ready to play in the NHL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
League wide trends. Obviously it doesn't mean he can't spend 3 years in the minors and be good but there's really no reasons to keep him down there if he can compete.

I didn't like what I saw from him this year or last half of last year. So, I see no reason to rush him. He can get spot call ups to check on him and see if he's ready next year, including training camp. But I won't start penciling him in until after he has a good 10 game stretch - not before.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I didn't like what I saw from him this year or last half of last year. So, I see no reason to rush him. He can get spot call ups to check on him and see if he's ready next year, including training camp. But I won't start penciling him in until after he has a good 10 game stretch - not before.
Ah, the good ol' "earn it" method.

Its yielded so many great results in the past.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

They should wait until he can stay on his feet, then go from there.

Reactions: Yoor

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Ah, the good ol' "earn it" method.

Its yielded so many great results in the past.
You think you've ridiculed the "earn it" perspective, but in fact that is how life almost always works for most mortals. Earn things that you want.

I hope you agree and aren't one of those who think that if only we gave Nikita Scherbak and Sven Andrighetto top-line roles, they would have become stars for us.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You think you've ridiculed the "earn it" perspective, but in fact that is how life almost always works for most mortals. Earn things that you want.

I hope you agree and aren't one of those who think that if only we gave Nikita Scherbak and Sven Andrighetto top-line roles, they would have become stars for us.

I think that science has shown that the earn it method does very little for the development of a skill but does create better work ethic in less talented individuals.

Now since were drafting talented individuals, just gun for the ones with good work ethic and boom... Talented team.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think that science has shown that the earn it method does very little for the development of a skill but does create better work ethic in less talented individuals.

Now since were drafting talented individuals, just gun for the ones with good work ethic and boom... Talented team.
Work ethic is important but so is role and ice-time. You should get a role when you have "earned it" meaning shown you can handle it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

At least another year. Maybe half a year depending on how he performs.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#28/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Suzuki/Armia
Byron/Domi/Weal
Hudon/Evans/Weise
Chiarot/Ouellet
Kulak/Petry
Alzner/Folin
Lindgren