Line Combos: Roster 2019-2020

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
This is so poor on a defensive side that you are building the old Coyotes ... Domi sucks down low in his zone. So all pressure would be on kids for the 2way role and impact on their offensive side ... Kickout Domi for Nurse and let's keep them grooming with Danault and Kovy instead

Nurse is trash though, I'd rather just keep Domi.

Maybe you're thinking of Klefbom

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I have to agree. If we have any hope in Caufield, and if getting Kovalchuk for an extra year or two would truly help Romanov integrate the roster, he may be the odd man out. He's also due for a substantial raise this summer.

Why dies Domi need to be moved? What's wrong with the following roster next year?

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Kovalchuk-Domi-Caufield/skilked ufa winger
Drouin-Suzuki-Armia
Poehling- Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen (get 13 minutes a night)
Thompon

And of course there likely will be injuries

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Why dies Domi need to be moved? What's wrong with the following roster next year?

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Armia
Thompon

No, they're not getting 13 minutes on the 4th line. Nope. Not when Suzuki now on any given night can reach 20 min - with #1C Phil Danault in this dear lineup. Big 'impossible' from me.

With each of Danault, Domi and Suzuki having their own line the Eagle is left with crumbs. Less than 10 min a night.

Caufield getting 16+ minutes a night next year? Again no, I doubt that. Suzuki has to be the clear 1B/2A centre next year with an outlook for him to take over 1C in 2021-22. Danault can't feel like he's shouldering the centre line by himself, not with him being due for a raise soon. La Cage aux Sports says he's staying in Montreal lol.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The so called money in the table ... Do you know that every players unless elite one leave money on the table because they have comparable ... Did Plekanec gets 7 millions money a year or less? You guys are skyrocketing prices and value. Danault is closer to his peak and know well that if he want big money he will need a cup or a selke... Since we have one of the best youngster crew he would be stupid to not think about the discount.

Money today is not always stability and money for future mean to have to proper conditions to build on.

Players are not normal human taking their value, they are PME si they need to project their gain and be able to maintain pace ...
look around the league, more and more 50 pts players are getting 6M+.
(Plekanec, no cup, no Selke, 6M and that was a few years ago)

Danault has ONE chance at a big fat contract, after that he'll be too "old".

exactly, so why would he leave money on the table again...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
look around the league, more and more 50 pts players are getting 6M+.
(Plekanec, no cup, no Selke, 6M and that was a few years ago)

Danault has ONE chance at a big fat contract, after that he'll be too "old".

exactly, so why would he leave money on the table again...

One thing aboit our situation that I find paradoxical is we haven't won shit. Yet, we may not be able pay all the players we have in summer 2021.

I haven't gone through the math, partly because i don't feel like speculating about what the cap will be. But I suspect, if we want, we'll be able keep all these players for however long we choose:

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Kovalchuk Domi Caufield/skilled ufa
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Poehling Kotkaniemi Lehkonen

Chiarot Weber
Scandella Petry
Romanov Mete/Fleury
Kulak

Price
Primeau/Lindgren

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Tatar Danault Kovalchuk
Domi Suzuki Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Byron Poehling Lehkonen

That could be a way of putting it together. Suzuki is ready to displace Danault as soon as next year imo. The handing over of the torch to the kids needs to start this year. So that next year things can improve and roll.

Poehling at center on the fourth because I'm sorry but as great as Thompson has been he doesn't factor into the future as soon as next season so stop playing him over kids.

None of this will happen until they truly know where they stand come tdl. But I have my doubts about them moving anyone pre deadline except for maybe Byron. Tatar will be retained for next year.

I disagree with that myself but it is what it is. Tatar should be moved because you won't sell him any higher imo, get a good prospect for him.

Then next year:

Domi Suzuki Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Lehkonen Danault Kovalchuk/Caufield
Byron/reject Poehling Reject

The rejects being next years versions of cousins, weal, Thompson, Deslaurier, etc.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#03/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Cousins
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Weal
Vejdemo/Peca/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Scandella/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#06-13/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Cousins
Weal/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Scandella/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#09/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Kovalchuk/Domi/Suzuki
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Cousins
Poehling/Thompson/Weal
Scandella/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#14/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Armia
Peca/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Scandella/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#18/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Domi/Suzuki/Armia
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Poehling
Cousins/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Scandella/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
#03/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Cousins
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Weal
Vejdemo/Peca/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Scandella/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#06-13/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Cousins
Weal/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Scandella/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#09/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Kovalchuk/Domi/Suzuki
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Cousins
Poehling/Thompson/Weal
Scandella/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#14/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Armia
Peca/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Scandella/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#18/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Domi/Suzuki/Armia
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Poehling
Cousins/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Scandella/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

Can't wait to get Gallgher and Drouin back into that lineup.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Armia
Thompon

No, they're not getting 13 minutes on the 4th line. Nope. Not when Suzuki now on any given night can reach 20 min - with #1C Phil Danault in this dear lineup. Big 'impossible' from me.

With each of Danault, Domi and Suzuki having their own line the Eagle is left with crumbs. Less than 10 min a night.

Caufield getting 16+ minutes a night next year? Again no, I doubt that. Suzuki has to be the clear 1B/2A centre next year with an outlook for him to take over 1C in 2021-22. Danault can't feel like he's shouldering the centre line by himself, not with him being due for a raise soon. La Cage aux Sports says he's staying in Montreal lol.

I think it's such a good lineup you have to try it - and make sure KK's line gets their 12-13 minutes in. Poehling-KK-Lehkonen that's a really strong 4th line. And the top 9 is also really strong...

If Caufield is not NHL ready, keep Byron or trade Byron and sign a skilled UFA vet to keep Caufield's spot warm.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
habs will soon be welcoming Drouin, Byron and Gally back and with three adds three will need to sit, go down be traded or waived. Kovalchuk gets traded, weal sits and Phoeling goes down to get ice time. Weal plays if cousins or Thompson is traded. Not much mention of Armia in trade talk but if he has a good next three weeks I could see a team overpaying as he can score , play specialty teams and is a puck possession playoff performer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So in practice today, with Domi and Lehkonen out, but DROUIN AND GALLAGHER BACK, we had:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Kovalchuk-Suzuki-Armia
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Cousins
Poehling-Thompson-Weise/Weal

So, Kovalchuk will not stick with Danault. Gallagher will be back in his spot under CJ. Seems also like CJ wanted Drouin back with KK.

When Domi and Lehkonen are back, where will CJ put them, Kovalchuk and Armia??
My guess: Kovalchuk-Domi-Suzuki, Drouin-KK-Armia, Poehling/Cousins/Weise-Thompson-Lehkonen.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Kovalchuk - Suzuki - Armia
Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Byron - Thompson - Cousins
Weal, Weise

that’s actually a pretty balanced offensive lineup and could actually be pretty good. Basically 3 second lines. If Kotkaniemi can get it together and slot him in with Domi and Drouin

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#26/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Domi/Suzuki/Armia
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Lehkonen
Cousins/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Fleury
Scandella/Petry
Kulak/Mete

Price/Lindgren

#27/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Domi/Suzuki/Armia
Cousins/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury

Price/Lindgren

#28/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Kovalchuk/Suzuki/Armia
Drouin/Kotkaniemi/Cousins
Poehling/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury

Lindgren

#05/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Suzuki/Armia
Kovalchuk/Domi/Cousins
Weal/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Petry
Scandella/Folin
Kulak

Price/Lindgren

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nurse is trash though, I'd rather just keep Domi.

Maybe you're thinking of Klefbom

Nurse is not trash. He is 25, a big mobile body, and puts up solid production. Klefbom has 3 more years then UFA. Trading Domi who can be locked up for 6+ years for guy you have for 3 years is dumb. Klefbom is a solid defenseman but no better than Petry in his own end.

You don't like Nurse cause he is not putting up 50+ pts at the age of 24/25 right? Defense man's true value runs much more deeper than that

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Nurse is not trash. He is 25, a big mobile body, and puts up solid production. Klefbom has 3 more years then UFA. Trading Domi who can be locked up for 6+ years for guy you have for 3 years is dumb. Klefbom is a solid defenseman but no better than Petry in his own end.

You don't like Nurse cause he is not putting up 50+ pts at the age of 24/25 right?
Defense man's true value runs much more deeper than that

No, this is you just you projecting your anger towards anyone who disagrees with you. I don't care for points from defensemen.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, this is you just you projecting your anger towards anyone who disagrees with you. I don't care for points from defensemen.

No, it's not anger. It's me giving you reasons why I don't agree with you. Why you desperate to trade Domi who is under team control and can be locked up for 6+ years in his prime for Klefbom who has 3 more years in term left? Makes no sense. Nurse fits better... he actually has better all around game when you look at both ends of the ice and he is also just about to touch prime years.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
No, it's not anger. It's me giving you reasons why I don't agree with you. Why you desperate to trade Domi who is under team control and can be locked up for 6+ years in his prime for Klefbom who has 3 more years in term left? Makes no sense. Nurse fits better... he actually has better all around game when you look at both ends of the ice and he is also just about to touch prime years.

Domi is a 2nd liner, he's not necessary to this team's success if his trade can fill a hole.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Trading Domi to fill a LD hole for 3 years is exactly the type of move we should not do

If Domi were to be traded for a LD.

1. That LD should be the same age as Domi give or take a year or two.
2. That trade should not happen now when Domi's trade value is much lower than last year. Give him another year to get his trade value up. Last year, no one would trade Domi for a top left D. Now everyone's willing to trade him for 2nd pairing guys.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
#26/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Domi/Suzuki/Armia
Cousins/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Fleury
Scandella/Petry
Kulak/Mete

Price/Lindgren

#27/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Kovalchuk
Domi/Suzuki/Armia
Cousins/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury

Price/Lindgren

#28/01/20

c
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury

Lindgren

#05/02/20

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Suzuki/Armia
Kovalchuk/Domi/Cousins
Weal/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Petry
Scandella/Folin
Kulak

Price/Lindgren

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher (good two way line, not elite, but top 5 in the league in many categories)

Kovalchuk/Suzuki/Armia (excellent 2nd line)

Drouin/Domi/Evans (another excellent 2nd line, playing as a 3rd line - may have to try to upgrade on Evans)

Byron/Thompson/Lehkonen (solid 3rd line playing as a 4th line)

Cousins (13th forward is on pace for over 30 points)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
What do our forward group look like post trade deadline?

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Domi - Evans
Lehkonen - Weal - Weise

Yikes, that line up will tank even if they don't want to...at that point you might as well have traded Tatar, Lehkonen and Weal too.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Domi - Evans
Lehkonen - Weal - Weise

Yikes, that line up will tank even if they don't want to...at that point you might as well have traded Tatar, Lehkonen and Weal too.

Right, you might as well and he definitely should have.

New this TDL, Bergevin doesn't believe in 1st round picks. Because McCarron, that's why.

This roster is a slow burning piece of pyro. Intense heat, good heart..... no talent. No boom. A flash in the pan.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Domi - Evans
Lehkonen - Weal - Weise

I think Evans and Lehkonen will swap spots. But I would have it as you have it with Evans in the top 9 at wing and Lehkonen on the 4th line.

Watch them finish 2nd to last for the playoffs, ahead of Columbus, Buffalo, and Florida.

Reactions: Habs13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad