Line Combos: Roster 2019-2020

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Let's play a game. I want you guys to predict what you think our starting lineup is going to be, injuries aside . Key word here is "predict". Its not about what you wish, but about what you think our team will look like after all summer moves.

Here's my guess;

Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Tanev

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Gunnarson - Juulsen

Price
McElliney

Last edited:

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Sbisa would be a bergevin move...

Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Byron - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Sbisa - Juulsen

Price
McElliney

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Let's play a game. I want you guys to predict what you think our starting lineup is going to be, injuries aside . Key word here is "predict". Its not about what you wish, but about what you think our team will look like after all summer moves.

Here's my guess;

Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Byron - Thompson - Tanev

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Schenn -Juulsen

Price
McElliney

Schenn is a RHD

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
It would be great to snag McBackup asap. He will make a huge difference. I predict we make the playoffs with him on-board, especially if LD improves and the young players don't take a step back.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don't anticipate any major changes. The key guys we love or hate will still be here. Minor moves that may potentially bring a bit more consistency and stability in certain areas, but unlikely to move the team toward being a contender much. I just don't have any faith in this management's ability to make Habs a contender.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Pretty much as I see it,should be more than adequate. The improvement on the PP will be the turning point once yet again.

However I don't see Gardner there but possibly Juulsen or one of the Laval members there,Olaffsen with Folin. Someone should be able to play their off side FFS.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
It would be great to snag McBackup asap. He will make a huge difference. I predict we make the playoffs with him on-board, especially if LD improves and the young players don't take a step back.

Totally agree with that. I think it would be the best option. Get this guy for one or two year and leave our cap space there, I'm sure it'll pay off in the end.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Tatar - Denault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Shaw
Drouin - Kotkaneimi - Armia
Byron - Poehling - Weal

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Depth UFA - Juulsen

Price
Neuvrith

Not the roster id pick but that's my prediction

Reactions: Vachon23

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Tatar - Denault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Shaw
Drouin - Kotkaneimi - Armia
Byron - Poehling - Weal

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Depth UFA - Juulsen

Price
Neuvrith

Not the roster id pick but that's my prediction
If we have the same line up than last year MB is dumb. He needs to fill the cap space with good players if he wants to make playoff. Via trade or UFA. U can’t keep the same team when every team around you are improving

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If we have the same line up than last year MB is dumb. He needs to fill the cap space with good players if he wants to make playoff. Via trade or UFA. U can’t keep the same team when every team around you are improving

I don't think his plan will be to make no moves but there's not a lot out there in free agency that can help us without hurting our future. A trade may be the only option

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I don't think his plan will be to make no moves but there's not a lot out there in free agency that can help us without hurting our future. A trade may be the only option

Who the f*** cares about "hurting our future". At this point you unload guys like Byron, Shaw, Lehkonen, Armia and Petry and replace them with one of the gazillion prospects who will be knocking on the door. You do what good teams do. You take decisions.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
if there are no moves with nj, rangers and philly having improved so far habs dont even get a sniff at the playoffs

Reactions: cphabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
if there are no moves with nj, rangers and philly having improved so far habs dont even get a sniff at the playoffs

Habs will contend for the playoffs if we have a healthy season. We been hearing about these young teams on the rise that will catch us for years. Example: Sabres.

Devils, Rangers, and Flyers have work to do before they catch us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we target a lower caliber UFA, I hope we got for Zuccarello over names like Nyquist and cie, very underrated player.

I was just going to mentioned Zuccarello. Does he play LW? He is a left handed shot that likes RW isn't he?

Regardless, I do like his game but no way I commit long term.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Habs will contend for the playoffs if we have a healthy season. We been hearing about these young teams on the rise that will catch us for years. Example: Sabres.

Devils, Rangers, and Flyers have work to do before they catch us.

you are now assuming all the players that had record yrs ( or close) will have to repeat on habs including price

i dont see this repeating on pretty much the same roster with 0 add ons to date
will see free agency or trade up

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Who the **** cares about "hurting our future". At this point you unload guys like Byron, Shaw, Lehkonen, Armia and Petry and replace them with one of the gazillion prospects who will be knocking on the door. You do what good teams do. You take decisions.

Considering we aren't a contender right now and are a few years away yet, I certainly care quite a bit about not hurting our future. Good teams also care about their futures when they aren't win now.

Reactions: cphabs and Vachon23

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
I was just going to mentioned Zuccarello. Does he play LW? He is a left handed shot that likes RW isn't he?

zucharello

how much smaller do you want habs to be

thats just becomes insane and something you can no longer fix for years

Reactions: ArtPeur

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

Hmmm good question, my memory is telling me he's a RW and so are most sources online (CBS, EP, Forecaster). I'd give him a deal similar to Cole back in the day, 3 years @ 16M.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
you are now assuming all the players that had record yrs ( or close) will have to repeat on habs including price

i dont see this repeating on pretty much the same roster with 0 add ons to date
will see free agency or trade up

I am not assuming anything other than we will be a playoff contender if we have a healthy season. I think we will continue to be a speedy team that gives other teams fits and our D will be more stable the entire year vs only parts of last year.

Career years? Some will stall, some will rise, some will fall. You are assuming they all fall. Doom and Gloom is a two way street with lots of moving parts my friend

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Who the **** cares about "hurting our future". At this point you unload guys like Byron, Shaw, Lehkonen, Armia and Petry and replace them with one of the gazillion prospects who will be knocking on the door. You do what good teams do. You take decisions.

And Poehling and Suzuki are close but the prospects aren't exactly knocking on the door. Ina year or two, for sure, for now they are still developing.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Right on man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->