Pre-Game Talk: Rookie camp discussion

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Lots of good stuff about Marody in there. Jay is excited to see him this year. Said he put in a ton of work in the summer.

Marody said he put on 8lbs of muscle in his interview.

Also tune in to Marody's interview to hear Matty ask two separate questions about country stars in Nashville not writing their own music. :laugh:

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Lots of good stuff about Marody in there. Jay is excited to see him this year. Said he put in a ton of work in the summer.

Also tune in to Marody's interview to hear Matty ask two separate questions about country stars in Nashville not writing their own music. :laugh:

I've said it before and I'll say it every day.

Our prospects are in very very good hands with Woodcroft. He knows his players and knows exactly their strengths and weaknesses and how to get the most out of them individually and in turn the whole team.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Fantastic interview.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

Thanks for sharing.

Some really nice things about Benson at the end, "he put in a great summer last summer and reaped the benefits, he had another great summer [this year] and you look at him out there, I mean he looks fantastic".

I know many are putting Benson into the lineup (me too), but there was always the risk of that not working out. It could still, but at least he, and Marody, have put themselves in the best possible situation by coming into camp well prepared.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing.

Some really nice things about Benson at the end, "he put in a great summer last summer and reaped the benefits, he had another great summer [this year] and you look at him out there, I mean he looks fantastic".

I know many are putting Benson into the lineup (me too), but there was always the risk of that not working out. It could still, but at least he, and Marody, have put themselves in the best possible situation by coming into camp well prepared.
It's nice that after great season from both of them, they still worked their asses off this summer to improve. Great work ethic.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It's nice that after great season from both of them, they still worked their asses off this summer to improve. Great work ethic.
I also really like what J said about confidence. That confidence is earned. Benson playing confident was not by chance or just a trait of his personality, but because he put the work and had discipline (not only in training, in general) in his routines.

I have been high on Benson for a while and considering my expectations I am sure he'll disappoint, but he is really putting himself in an excellent position to succeed. It would not surprise me one bit if he becomes a legit top 6 winger already this season.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Great interview.
Highly praises Woodcroft.

Also love how he doesn't just want to make the NHL. He wants to be an impact top 6 player and isn't afraid to make it known and want to fight for it.

So many young guys just want to make the NHL and see where it goes, he doesn't want that. It's really cool to see

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Woodcroft is a huuuge asset to this franchise and I hope the Oilers organization do not squander him in the near future. I too would like to see him as the future HC for the Oil. The man knows how to get the best out of each individual player in terms of growth and maturity. He's superior intelligence and great coaching abilities.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Woodcroft is a huuuge asset to this franchise and I hope the Oilers organization do not squander him in the near future. I too would like to see him as the future HC for the Oil. The man knows how to get the best out of each individual player in terms of growth and maturity. He's superior intelligence and great coaching abilities.
The fact that he didn't follow McLellan shows he wants to be here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad