GDT: ROC vs Sweden

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Czechs beat Sweden. Unless I'm missing something, Sweden can't finish ahead of them and are now out.

If Sweden win in OT/SO, we get 11 points are one point ahead of Czech Rep (10 pts). Of course they have head-to-head, so if they get a single point against Slovakia they are through. The chances are almost non-existant. I think the Czechs have a better team than the Slovaks on paper and they have everything to play for, while the Slovaks have their heads in the QF

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
We will try our best to win group, would suck to meet Canada though if they finish 4th.
Doubtful we can win the group. Russia would need to lose to Belarus, no? Would be nice to finish 2nd though, avoid USA/Finland. But to be honest, I am already so happy with the QF after so many years, anything extra is just gravy.

Reactions: Czechboy

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
You aee that big a gap between khl and sel?
I know the swedes has not their best players not in Sweden. Around 100 players in NHL as in AHL. Some good in SHL. Many in KHL. Most arent on this team. Reider orn is awsome. He saved Swedes many times

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Really hope that Russia wins the SO, Sweden really doesn't deserve to make the playoffs this year.
Like Canada. But is sports about desering a spot all the time. Lifes not fair. Learn that. A team can suck and win gold

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
You aee that big a gap between khl and sel?

Yup.

no money in SHL, no attractive pros, no good culture around the games.

most of us Swedes follow NHL and KHL and no1 gives a hoot about SHL, only local muppets cheering for random rejects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad