GDT: ROC vs Sweden

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Better play from Sweden now, just lucky Russia didn't score with the pressure they had. We need another goal, I don't think we'll keep the Russians of the scoresheet the entire game. In that case, Calle-Gustaf has to resign, because Reideborn will be our new king

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Nygren is so bad. He's the :eek::eek::eek::eek: who made a fool of himself a few years back too right?

Lol I mixed Nygren with Nygård, but maybe I still got it right?

Reactions: canswetoxic

Gobben

Jan 22, 2019
No, Sweden finishes above Slovakia in that case. Only a Czech ot win knocks us out if we win in regulation.

But that is what I wrote.

Hm, I guess Russia can also lose against the Whiterussians.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Pilut has been our most consistent defencemen. All the other Ds have been up and down, had very good matches mixed with bad. Sellgren was good his first two games, but has made a few bone-headed mistake. Nygren was good against the Swiss but pretty bad in the other games. Pilut hasn't had a game were he has been bad

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Swedes have looked great for a little while here.

Not sure how Zadorov didn't get a boarding penalty.

I wish the Czechs had a Provorov.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Swedes have looked great for a little while here.

Not sure how Zadorov didn't get a boarding penalty.

I wish the Czechs had a Provorov.

Yeah, Provorov is so good. But I think every single Russian defenceman is better than every single defenceman on the Swedish team. Igor Ozighanov, who are the Russian 7th D today, would be #1 on Sweden.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Yeah, Provorov is so good. But I think every single Russian defenceman is better than every single defenceman on the Swedish team. Igor Ozighanov, who are the Russian 7th D today, would be #1 on Sweden.
This is Swedens third team maybe even can assemble four team better than this.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Pilut has been our most consistent defencemen. All the other Ds have been up and down, had very good matches mixed with bad. Sellgren was good his first two games, but has made a few bone-headed mistake. Nygren was good against the Swiss but pretty bad in the other games. Pilut hasn't had a game were he has been bad

Agree, Pilut is great. Very consistent. Nygren makes me nervous everytime he's on the ice.

Overall a great period from the good guys.

Reactions: weklof

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I am starting to think Sweden will win gold.

Haha, we'll see, but if Sweden manages to qualify to QF you never know. They will go into the QF on a winning streak with a really good feeling in the team and a hot goalie. And there are some skilled forwards in Rakell, Kempe, Olofsson.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
When I first saw the title, I was thinking Republic of China (Taiwan) for ROC. How is a tropical island nation suddenly playing against heavyweight Sweden in the highly contested tourney?

Hey, I just noticed that they're actually going by Russian Olympic Committee in this tournament (and for a while in future tournaments) and went for accuracy.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
320 years ago, close to this arena in Riga, Sweden took down a Russian army 3x it's size in a famous battle.

Fingers crossed now for a repeat.

Reactions: weklof

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad