GDT: ROC vs Sweden

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
The last couple of minutes looked awful, just lining up and waiting for Russia to make plays and hoping for Reideborn to bail them out. That kind of stuff won't work for another two periods.

No hopes our clown coach has any plan whatsoever to fix that however.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Finally someone had the energy to create a goddamn thread for this game. THANK YOU! I've been a rascal lately and been quite uncivilized with another poster, soo, I cannot post new threads. It only took 20 minutes.

Sweden holds the lead, but this is such a difficult game to win. Sweden has always had trouble with Russian hockey. Rock-paper-scissors. Add to that this Swedish team is so... either they play great or they implode like a balloon.

It's a very interesting game. The Russian team has the pressure and that's not a situation a Swedish team wants to be in. This can go any way.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I'm glad to see this effort level by RUS. The result from this game is meaningless for RUS if they beat BLR tomorrow for 3 points, which I think they will do and then RUS wins the group. So RUS can lose this game if they want to.

I don't want to see SWE get off the hook easy here.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Don't see us winning this unless we score >2 goals. Hope I'm wrong but I think they will totally collapse in the 2nd/3rd.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Somehow I wanna you to meet a real combatants like the Finland boys ... maybe baby babies later on:thumbu:.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
ayK0z4n.jpg

Gobben

Jan 22, 2019
Isn't this game meaningless if Czechia wins in ot tomorrow? Well, at least for Sweden's chances.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Isn't this game meaningless if Czechia wins in ot tomorrow? Well, at least for Sweden's chances.
No, Sweden finishes above Slovakia in that case. Only a Czech ot win knocks us out if we win in regulation.

Reactions: Czechboy

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

If Czech Republic wins in regulation, we still go through on head-to-head with Slovakia. The only result tomorrow that will knock us out if we win tomorrow is Czech Republic beating Slovakia in OT or SO.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden

Yeah, but that's just one out of four possible outcomes in that game. If we win this in regulation we'll probably make the QF.

The game is looking like one long Russian power play though...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No, Sweden finishes above Slovakia in that case. Only a Czech ot win knocks us out if we win in regulation.
I've been cracking the joke that we'll go to OT and then the Slovaks will pull their goalie and let us score.haha

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I've been cracking the joke that we'll go to OT and then the Slovaks will pull their goalie and let us score.haha
Definately see a Germany - Austria World Cup 1982 coming if Sweden win today.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Do the Swedes not like their goalie? They almost killed him there..

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Definately see a Germany - Austria World Cup 1982 coming if Sweden win today.

Or a Denmark - Sweden due-due.

The good thing is that Czech Republic has to win, so I think they will start in attack mode. That is assuming win this of course, the Russians are looking very hot at the moment.

Reactions: AB13

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Friberg with such bad luck.. he played it perfect twice! And still no goal.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh yeah I never made an official predcitions.. I think Sweden wins. They need this a lot more than Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->