GDT: ROC vs Sweden

member 305909

Russia has nothing else at stake than the pleasure of sending their long time rivals out of the competition but other than that nothing. They will win the group if and when they beat Belarus tomorrow.

Nemo4

Jan 28, 2010
No way Sweden loses this one. Russia sucks.

By the way, what the hell is the deal with all this whining by Swedes? I feel like in every single thread there is someone crying about how "this is our worst team, this team sucks, it is a 53324th Swedish team". Even if you guys are wining there is always someone crying. Nobody cares you don't have the best players in the tournament, neither does Canada, USA or any other team. Get a grip, for Christ's sake.

Reactions: Czechboy

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
By the way, what the hell is the deal with all this whining by Swedes? I feel like in every single thread there is someone crying about how "this is our worst team, this team sucks, it is a 53324th Swedish team". Even if you guys are wining there is always someone crying. Nobody cares you don't have the best players in the tournament, neither does Canada, USA or any other team. Get a grip, for Christ's sake.

Sweden has never missed the QF before. If there's any Swedish team to complain about it's this one.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Such a great effort today by Sweden. The Russians are clearly the more skilled team, but what a work effort. Everyone on the right side of the puck, blocking shots, no dumb penalties (so far...). Just get another goal, I can't take a heartbreak with just minutes remaining and the threat of the Russian forwards is forever present

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Such a great effort today by Sweden. The Russians are clearly the more skilled team, but what a work effort. Everyone on the right side of the puck, blocking shots, no dumb penalties (so far...). Just get another goal, I can't take a heartbreak with just minutes remaining and the threat of the Russian forwards is forever present

And just as I write it... Tournament over, Sweden won't recover from this

Reactions: AB13

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, Provorov is so good. But I think every single Russian defenceman is better than every single defenceman on the Swedish team. Igor Ozighanov, who are the Russian 7th D today, would be #1 on Sweden.
Not sure... 8 do know the swedes have about a dozen D in the NhL who would all make our best on best roster

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Russian team has NHL stars. Thats the differnce. Good effort by Sweden’s F-team. Real good but russia had Pros in their line up. It most often get deciding factor

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Oh well. There was the classic Swedish collapse this tournament. Still, they really tried. Just a too weak team, bad chemistry, an unexperienced coach and a really shitty, outdated Swedish hockey federation. How ironic it was them (Boustedt) who started the real reform for alot of hockey countries.

Now it's the worst international result for Sweden since 1937. Olofsson makes it look close, but no cigar. This game wasn't where the fiasco started.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No way Sweden loses this one. Russia sucks.

I agree... Get the feeling more is coming now lol

Reactions: Nemo4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad