Player Discussion: Robin Lehner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Lol, all good! Monday morning will get ya.

I sure hope he is the winner, I just have no idea what other players are his competition.

Edit- Started a thread on the Main Board, seems Jumbo Joe is the favorite and he's as good a candidate as anyone.

Definitely a solid option, as he battled through injuries all of last year and played through soem rough knee injuries. With that, he ws able to play in the playoffs last year and finished out the season. I can see an argument for him but with the extra attention the the country and NHL is giving to substance abuse and mental illness and Lehner having a Vezina finalist caliber season, I think he ahs agreat shot as well.

I have to imagine these are the 2 leading candidates by a good mark.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Tavares has to be a shoe-in for the Masterton no? I can't imagine having to deal with that booing at the Coliseum. Talk about perseverance. What other city had to declare a special day for a player because of the hardship he's had to endure? None. Now just think, Tavares will have to deal with it AGAIN on April 1! I honestly don't know how a human being can survive this. He's a mighty man.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Tavares has to be a shoe-in for the Masterton no? I can't imagine having to deal with that booing at the Coliseum. Talk about perseverance. What other city had to declare a special day for a player because of the hardship he's had to endure? None. Now just think, Tavares will have to deal with it AGAIN on April 1! I honestly don't know how a human being can survive this. He's a mighty man.
Forget the Masterton... I think the NHL should retire his number league-wide just to punish us and force us to retire his number, honoring his greatness.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
5 years 5-5.5 million per is my guess.

I know everyone is chomping at the bit for Sorokin but I'll take the guy who is 28, developed and can provide top tier goaltending for the next 5 years.

This. Sorokin is a question mark at the end of the day, Lehner at this point is not. 5 years is a year longer than I'd prefer, but I could certainly live with it. Lock him up Lou.

Reactions: dood

hockeyguru13

Feb 27, 2019
After DiPietro and watching Griess be worthless for two years, its hard to give this guy 5 years and 25 million. If he struggles, you end up playing someone who can take the whole team down with his bad performance like DP. I'm almost more comfortable letting Lou find another one year signing.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
After DiPietro and watching Griess be worthless for two years, its hard to give this guy 5 years and 25 million. If he struggles, you end up playing someone who can take the whole team down with his bad performance like DP. I'm almost more comfortable letting Lou find another one year signing.

Man your posts are tough reads.

DP issue was he was always injured and the length of the deal. The guy at times went on hot streaks and carried a team that had no business winning. (2006-2007 playoff team) That team was consistently a cap floor team. His contract did not handcuff the teams spending

Maybe another post of how barzal only plays hard when he wants to because he wants to secretly play in Canada

Last edited:

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
I heard Websters is already in talks about officially changing the verb "to boo" into "to Tavares" with an example: 'The actor was Tavarased off stage' and 'The politician has been Tavarased on every stop he's made during his campaign'.
It is my understanding that, at least in the King James version in use on Long Island, the name Judas is being changed to Tavares and it will be 77 million pieces of silver, not 30.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

member 262271

His turn around since his Sabre days is remarkable, I'm glad he got the help he needed. Looks huge in the net and I'm pretty sure he's the heaviest goalie in the league. Either way he looks good out there.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise

I wouldn't give Lehner 5 years, no way no how.

Ok. Wow. I agree here. I need to go reassess some stuff, maybe.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I don't know. The market for goalies is quite soft. Folks only put giant contracts on young goalies who've already established themselves as elite.

I wouldnt say 30 million is a giant contract for a 27 year old goalie that has played fantastic all year. The deeper we go into the playoffs with Lehner steller every game the more that contract will rise. If he had plahed another 10 games he would likely be winning the Vezina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad