Player Discussion: Robin Lehner

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I am onboard with resigning Lehner. Guy looks rock solid and has always had the talent. If they could do 3-4 years with an average of 3.5 mil that would be awesome(have a feeling it will have to be around 4mil thought). #1 goalies(if that is what he is going to be) in their prime years do not come cheap.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Lehner is playing unreal, as long as trotz and korn are here, sign him to a 3-4 year deal
The fishermen jersey does resemble a dark time in the team's history but we were bad after the fishermen jerseys left.

I remember going to games when they went back to the navy blue crest jerseys and we were god awful. So we have sucked in other jerseys too, we sucked in the re-done reebook jerseys from 09-11.
As a true fan you gotta embrace the sucky times, it makes the times like now feel alot more surreal and its more enjoyable to know where we came from 25 years ago. So embrace the fishermen jerseys as embarrassing and just learn to laugh at those times with a chuckle.
Ranger fans are always going to bring up the jerseys, they still bring up Potvin, screw em, their franchise goalie can't beat us thats what really matters.
On a side note, the current thirds are really growing on me, I wouldn't mind taking our crest and putting that in the middle and having those as our new Home/Aways. I personally think if they went with those, the whites would like amazing just our current whites.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
That's the jersey they wore when i first started going to games with my grandpa, who has since passed away. I have very fond memories.

The fisherman jersey is my favorite islander jersey.
I'm sorry for your loss, and I understand the sentimentality; but really, that's like saying you like Nickelback because it was playing on the radio when you met your girlfriend.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
I'm sorry for your loss, and I understand the sentimentality; but really, that's like saying you like Nickelback because it was playing on the radio when you met your girlfriend.

That's different you can grow out of music taste much easier then jerseys. Music market is saturated with choices, the Isles are prob his favorite team and only really cares for those jerseys.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
That's different you can grow out of music taste much easier then jerseys. Music market is saturated with choices, the Isles are prob his favorite team and only really cares for those jerseys.
I understand - just an attempt at some humor.

Reactions: 1CupSince

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Unless Lehner has some kind of long, hot run in the playoffs this year, I don't know if I see Lou going long-term on a big contract with him. If he's making $1.5 million this year I wouldn't be surprised if Lou looks for maybe 1 or 2 years at $3/$3.5 million per. That might appeal to Lehner as well since right now other teams may think of him as a 1 year wonder who benefitted from Trotz. If he has another really good year or two, then he can sign his long-term contract at really big $$ (with the Isles or elsewhere).

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Unless Lehner has some kind of long, hot run in the playoffs this year, I don't know if I see Lou going long-term on a big contract with him. If he's making $1.5 million this year I wouldn't be surprised if Lou looks for maybe 1 or 2 years at $3/$3.5 million per. That might appeal to Lehner as well since right now other teams may think of him as a 1 year wonder who benefitted from Trotz. If he has another really good year or two, then he can sign his long-term contract at really big $$ (with the Isles or elsewhere).

Some bum in edomton got 4.5 mil for 3 years. Lehner is going to get around 5.5

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Someone will surely offer him $4M+ this offseason.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
What goalie wouldn't be good in this system? Any starting goalie would be good. Many backups. No need to get stuck with another bad goalie contract. 2 years max. He may go bad or a better goalie may fall into their laps.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Some bum in edomton got 4.5 mil for 3 years. Lehner is going to get around 5.5

If Koskinen was brought back to this organization instead of Lehner, I think he would be playing similar to how Lehner is playing. Both are really big goalies who have learned to control their movements.

In the few games I’ve watch this year that Edmonton isn’t a tire fire, it’s because Koskinen was their second best player on the ice.

Reactions: Instant

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Shootouts count alot unless you start switching goalies just for the shootout and it would cause problems in the locker room if you do that. People have been saying he's bad at shootouts since the off-season so it is a problem especially when our shooters are terrible at it. By the end of the season this team will win about 30% of it's shootouts

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Shootouts count alot unless you start switching goalies just for the shootout and it would cause problems in the locker room if you do that. People have been saying he's bad at shootouts since the off-season so it is a problem especially when our shooters are terrible at it. By the end of the season this team will win about 30% of it's shootouts

So don't resign a goalie because he is costing the first place Islanders points. That makes no sense yet again. Come on man.

Reactions: Lame Lambert

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Am I the only one who thinks he should be an all star? Hank has had an awesome career, but his numbers are pedestrian. Maybe Mika should’ve been their pick, w Lehner filling the goalie spot?

Reactions: MIK55

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Am I the only one who thinks he should be an all star? Hank has had an awesome career, but his numbers are pedestrian. Maybe Mika should’ve been their pick, w Lehner filling the goalie spot?

With this stupid format it's not a matter anymore of who deserves to be an all-star, it's who is more exciting to watch on each team. Since they only seem to take one person from each team, Barzal is gonna be the draw.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

People keep talking about the fisherman, but it was the scheme as a whole that was badly done. Some gnarly badass fisherman wouldn't be a bad logo basis at all if a team was just starting out and didn't have a majestic history with the previous jersey. It still has very little to do with the fisherman, and more to do with the atmosphere at the time and the color scheme. Bringing back a badass fisherman as a third makes perfect sense now that those times are way behind us and it wouldn't be a main jersey change. I honestly wish they hadn't screwed up with it the first time because I'd love to see a cool third like that instead of this mundane garbage they've been churning out. Instead we've just got knee jerk reactions like, "No, don't you like remember the fishsticks. No bueno!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad