Aug 2, 2011
Works well in the mask.
Work's well in Greiss's mask too.

cut.jpg

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'm curious on @Newsworthy take on him now. In early November I was seen as the guy who thought Lehner was the best goaltender on the market compared to the other studs that were available. Has your opinion changed yet?

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Wasn’t long ago we thought Greiss and Halak and Lehner sucked and we wanted Grubauer. Goes to show that defenses make goalies and a good goalie on a good defensive team will most likely be a s—t goalie on a bad defensive team.

Reactions: ebergeist

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
It's odd that both of our goalies have the fisherman on their masks. in fact i think it's odd that some 25 years later, many people think the fisherman looks great & wanted that to be our 3rd jersey.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
he always showed potential, and like many other players, was troubled with consistency. Trotz appears to have solved that issue, albeit my opinion is based on only a small sampling size. some of the credit goes to Robin, for sure, for his willingness to openly deal with his health issues.

at this point, i would offer him a 2 or 3 yr contract. 3-4 mil per. high risk and reward, for sure, but i think it will be a boost to the skaters, if he is signed for a few years (at least).

he could be our answer, you never know.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
It's odd that both of our goalies have the fisherman on their masks. in fact i think it's odd that some 25 years later, many people think the fisherman looks great & wanted that to be our 3rd jersey.

Strictly narrative building through metaphors, allusion and whatever other literary devices I never understood from English class...

I think it has a kind of “punk” thing going on. Meaning it’s anti-establishment.

Everyone has dumped on the Isles (not claiming it’s unjust) since that logo was introduced all the way up to (especially) this offseason.

Isles brought in the old guard of LL/Trotz while everyone was fawning over the likes of the Maple Leafs and their analytics driven young GM.

Additionally, NHL and all of their teams are terribly boring and cookie-cutter when it comes to marketing.

So I’m all for embracing the “Don’t Tread on Me” Angry Fisherman!

But not as the main logo though. ;)

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I find it odd that people dislike the fisherman jersey. Looks great :)

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011

I think something good could have been done with the fisherman jerseys but the color and design sucked.

I do think the fisherman could make a good mascot- he'd have to look mean but not psycho. We really need to dump Sparky, he's an embarrassment.

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
Aesthetics are always subjective, personally I hate the fisherman logo and the ludicrous need for trendy 90s colors. I would have been fine with the lighthouse logo on those jerseys without teal.

But it's not about that. It's about how the rejection of the classic logo and jersey was a middle finger to all the fans of this organization back when the team was in a dark place. The only thing we had going for us was our history and those owners pissed all over it.

Reactions: And You Feel Shame

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I think something good could have been done with the fisherman jerseys but the color and design sucked.

I do think the fisherman could make a good mascot- he'd have to look mean but not psycho. We really need to dump Sparky, he's an embarrassment.

That’s basically what annoyed Stan Fischler is. ;)

Also, agree with the color and design. Would want a more minimal use of color with the Fisherman inside the traditional Isles circle crest. But with a a branding wrapping around the circle... “Long Island - Since 1972”

But only to be used on hats and other merchandise etc. NOT as a main jersey.

Last edited:

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011

The Fisherman is popular and iconic. If the Isles wants to sell more merchandise, than they should consider it to be the 3rd jersey next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad